May 05, 2024, 09:27:51 PM

News:

Long Day on Throttle

Started by 06ClassicRider, March 11, 2009, 04:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x52gnr

I have cruise on my Ultra but have used it maybe 1x. I have the Kuryakyn iso grips and got the ones with the throttle boss...many 500 mile plus days without nary a wrist cramp...
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

todalu

14frisco has the idea -- its worked well over the years for me -- forget that damm rocker --  its to easy to bump while turning the bars from stop to stop -- it has a great potential to wreck you 

RK101

I had great results with the Kurykn iso grips with the throttle rocker installed on the end. Between that and the thumb screw long hours in the saddle has never been a problem.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

03deuce

ISO grips and throttle boss for cruising, stock throttle lock wheel when you need your right hand for a few seconds. 
As with everything else, practice using the throttle lock on an open road with little or no traffic.  Practice will make using it much more easy.  As others have said, you can close the throttle against the wheel lock if need be.

Hat

You can add a ton of chrome, but none will make you feel as good as real cruise control. A couple of years back I rode from Nashville to the Oregon coast in three days. 200 miles out from my destination the cruise died. Man, was that a long 200 miles! Finally got it repaired in Lake Havasu City and it really made the ride home much better. Spend the money. It may even save you from a speeding ticket locally.

texaskatfish

Um............I don't think my arms weigh any exceptional amount - and with these HD ribbed grips I don't even have to close my hand to hold any throttle position from stop to max. The ribs really help - with my palm open even - the weight of my arm holds it steady long enough to exercise my fingers & thumb on long rides. This is Gracie's second set of this type - I reckon the first set was worn down to nuttin around 75K 0r so.
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

Phu Cat

Have to agree with truck.  Really like the cruise, especially on long trips. Have ridden from SW Ohio almost to Indianapolis without touching the bars.  Just lean back againt Ma and get comfy.  Small direction changes can be made by pushing on the highway pegs.  (I never said it was smart.)

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.