May 06, 2024, 01:01:48 PM

News:

Adjustable Pushrods what do you think

Started by Joecool, March 11, 2009, 05:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joecool

Just wondering what some of you knowledgable mechanics think of Crane adjustable pushrods. There a little cheaper than the screaming eagle ones just wondering if I should pay the difference in them and get the harley brand. There going in a 99 roadking with 95 inch big bore kit.

Norton Commando

I bought Crane adjustable pushrods for my '90 FLHS and was disappointed with their quality. One pushrod had damaged threads and some sort of obstruction in the bore; I had to send it back to Crane for a replacement.
Remember, you can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house.

Fast Copperhead

ceduby

Been using Crane PR for the past 3 years. No problems. They aren't the easy install though. If I ever have to replace the set I would go probably go with SE easy tapered. But by then maybe something else will come along.
Beat it to fit, paint it to match

ULTRADOG

if you have a problem with those crane parts they just closed there doors last week another performance co. down the tubes
HAVE A GOOD TIME ITS LATER THAN YOU THINK

Ajayrk

S/E tappered pushrods are your best buy.  They come with all the o-rings and new pushrod covers that make adjusting easier.

Do the Cranes come with o-rings and tubes?

As far as quality and strength the cranes are equal to the other 4130 chrome moly pushrods.
AJ