TTS Mastertune '07 103" Andrews 54H Base Map

Started by jtourche, March 12, 2009, 04:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtourche

I have been doing a lot of research and I think I want to ditch my TMAX for a TTS. I want to leverage the Vtune feature as much as possible because I like to tinker and try to be Do-It-Yourself as much as possible. Before I pull the trigger I want to make sure there is a good base map to work from for my build. The problem I have run into with the TMAX is getting the timing set good for the Andrews 54H cams. So, I guess my question is, is there a good base map for the TTS for a ['07 Touring, 103", 54H cams, worked heads, stock t-body and injectors, .035 squish, 2:1 exhaust)?

Blackbaggr

I'd recommend you get in touch with Herko from this site, DOC from HDMD in Fla, or Dave at JDs Cycleworks in Pa. and ask them about the best calibration for you to work from. Good luck...I really like the TTS so far.

sportygordy

Quote from: jtourche on March 12, 2009, 04:45:32 AM
I have been doing a lot of research and I think I want to ditch my TMAX for a TTS. I want to leverage the Vtune feature as much as possible because I like to tinker and try to be Do-It-Yourself as much as possible. Before I pull the trigger I want to make sure there is a good base map to work from for my build. The problem I have run into with the TMAX is getting the timing set good for the Andrews 54H cams. So, I guess my question is, is there a good base map for the TTS for a ['07 Touring, 103", 54H cams, worked heads, stock t-body and injectors, .035 squish, 2:1 exhaust)?

Don't throw good money away. Keep your TMAX and take your bike to a Dyna tuner and have him do a load tune in open loop.

jtourche

Believe me, I don't want to throw away any money... I just want my build to maximize it's potential and it seems the TMAX is holding back for the sake of auto-tuning. I have compared 4-5 builds with almost identical specs/components and the 2 out of the five that are running the TMAX are down on the numbers quite a bit compared to the other 3. It seems to me the problem is getting the timing dialed in with the 54H cams on the TMAX. The other 3 builds are quite happy with their outcome, the numbers look great, and they get better fuel mileage. Those other 3 are using the SERT and TTS. I'm not looking for a dyno queen bike here, I just want to maximize my power with the components of my build without settling for an OK outcome.

Scramjet

March 12, 2009, 09:51:46 AM #4 Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 09:55:32 AM by Scramjet
To answer you question, yes, there are several good base maps to start your tune.

If you would like I will share my final map on my 2007 FLHX 103 BB, SE251, stock TB, stock heads, D&D Fatcat.  It was based on a starting map for the 103" BB and SE255.  The timing is still the same as the base map.  All it took was a few V-Tune sessions to correct the VE's for the AFR (fuel) maps.  It should be close enough to start.

If you are just worried about the timing tables there are numerous maps to review for tweaking the timing tables in your chosen map.  There are base maps for 103" bb with SE257, SE258 and SE260 cams for examples of timing table adjustments.

B
07FLHX 107", TR590, D&D, 109HP/112TQ
06FLSTN, 95", SE211, Cycle Shack 91HP/94TQ

jtourche

Hey Scramjet, do you know if any of the base calibrations use a Andrews 54H cam? Also, is it possible to use a TTS map from an '09 bike on a '07 with a very similar setup or will this cause a problem due to the TBW?

Scramjet

March 13, 2009, 05:23:45 PM #6 Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 06:08:28 PM by Scramjet
Quote from: jtourche on March 13, 2009, 10:21:59 AM
Hey Scramjet, do you know if any of the base calibrations use a Andrews 54H cam? Also, is it possible to use a TTS map from an '09 bike on a '07 with a very similar setup or will this cause a problem due to the TBW?

I hope and expect that Steve Cole will jump in here.

Question 1: No, none of the calibrations use the 54H cam but it does not really matter.  The map only has to be close.  The V-Tune will take care of the rest for VE's.

Question 2: No, you can not use the DBW calibration but I don't know why you would want to use a DBW calibration.  Use the closest calibration for your year and set-up.  The rest will be handled by the V-Tune.  The only thing left to do is get a high end dyno tune to optimize the WOT performance.

The following is is my opinion: a mediocre dyno tune may not be better, and may be worse, than your V-Tune results.

B
07FLHX 107", TR590, D&D, 109HP/112TQ
06FLSTN, 95", SE211, Cycle Shack 91HP/94TQ

Steve Cole

I was asked these questions by a PM and answered them for him already so I hope he is good to go already.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

jtourche

I received the answer on a good calibration to start with from Steve. Thanks to you all for all the help on this, I really appreciate it!  - Joe