LiquiMoly 10w-60 synthoil racetech gt1 100% Synthetic SL,CF,A3,B4 $8.52/qt

Started by Mountainman streetbob, July 14, 2014, 06:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kustomhd and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

kristian

Quote from: Mountainman streetbob on September 19, 2016, 07:55:12 PM
REAL SMPLE!

100% synthetic is good!

100% synthetic for $8.75 or less a quart is Excellent!

100% Synthetic that  can use from 20*f to 120*f Is Excellent!

Extended oil changes due to a well proven and well tested oil is a bonus!

Quieter and lower temps in some bikes is also a bonus!

Just another option!

:smiled:

If you live in one of these HOT southern states and would like something a little more expensive, with even more protection from heat, better pump up for lifters and a great additive package... TRY Redline 70wt synthetic!

this is classic bubbiebob, hilarious!  .003 out of round to start with...."100% synthetic is good!"  internet writers...gotta love them!
Kris

louloupa

With LM 10w60 , the reports Blackstone said the viscosity at 100° C is 15.8  . With w60 , It should be 24 .

15.8 is the average of a w40 or w50 .

twincam8888

Quote from: louloupa on September 25, 2016, 11:28:41 AM
With LM 10w60 , the reports Blackstone said the viscosity at 100° C is 15.8  . With w60 , It should be 24 .

15.8 is the average of a w40 or w50 .

Is the spec you mention for fresh oil or used oil? If used, how many miles? Thanks.
But what do I know? I drive a party bus.

louloupa

[attach=0]

As we see, the SAE standard for the 60 @ 100° C is 21.9 min and 26.1 max ( for new oil )
I saw that LM claims in their sheet : 23.8 .

Blackstone says 15.8 . It is low , as a 40 .

kristian

Kris

Hossamania

Quote from: Ancient on December 11, 2016, 06:58:57 AM
Quote from: Dan89flstc on December 11, 2016, 06:31:16 AM
Kendall GT-1 20w50 conventional motor oil, about 45 bucks for 12 quarts, delivered to my door, that comes to $3.75 a quart. ...

http://petroleumservicecompany.com/kendall-gt-1-high-performance-20w50-12-1-quart-case/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=CjwKEAiAj7TCBRCp2Z22ue-zrj4SJACG7SBEoQaUeTU6Q9zTRvJTiQHLoAeBYb8kuPXGMfRJyGoQ-BoCbkHw_wcB

Yep. Been using it for a long time. Have no reason to change.

Well, you're just going to wreck your engine, you have to run much more expensive synthetic oil!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Ancient

Quote from: Hossamania on December 11, 2016, 07:03:26 AM
Kendall GT-1 20w50 conventional motor oil, about 45 bucks for 12 quarts, delivered to my door, that comes to $3.75 a quart. ...

http://petroleumservicecompany.com/kendall-gt-1-high-performance-20w50-12-1-quart-case/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=CjwKEAiAj7TCBRCp2Z22ue-zrj4SJACG7SBEoQaUeTU6Q9zTRvJTiQHLoAeBYb8kuPXGMfRJyGoQ-BoCbkHw_wcB

Well, you're just going to wreck your engine, you have to run much more expensive synthetic oil!

Been thinking about getting an empty Amsoil bottle to put it in before I pour it in the bike. Engine will feel better then right?
Greg

Hossamania

Quote from: Ancient on December 11, 2016, 07:27:14 AM
Quote from: Hossamania on December 11, 2016, 07:03:26 AM

Been thinking about getting an empty Amsoil bottle to put it in before I pour it in the bike. Engine will feel better then right?

Exactly!

Rsw

Dan89flstc

Quote from: Ohio HD on December 11, 2016, 07:04:59 AM
Just FYI, that's not the old Kendall formula. 

Been in the mechanic game for 46 years, I remember the green stuff...

But I`m satisfied with the newer stuff made by Conoco Phillips. Good lube at a (relatively) good price.

A quart of conventional motor oil shouldn`t cost more than 2.50 in my opinion.

The price of crude went down, but the price of lube oil never did...

US Navy Veteran
A&P Mechanic

Hossamania

I can get Resolute brand oil at the local Fleet Farm for about $2.00 or so, but I'll pay just a bit more for a name brand. Will it work fine? Maybe, but I see that as oil for my lawnmower (not my John Deere) or a car I'm selling.

gonenorth

Quote from: Hossamania on December 11, 2016, 02:25:14 PM
I can get Resolute brand oil at the local Fleet Farm for about $2.00 or so, but I'll pay just a bit more for a name brand. Will it work fine? Maybe, but I see that as oil for my lawnmower (not my John Deere) or a car I'm selling.

Same here.  I am not tied to any specific brand but do want a good quality conventional, blended, or full syn in expensive motors.

BUBBIE

:speaker:

I put some LONG miles on LiquiMoly 10w60 oil so I would NOT be miss-leading any of the HTT readers... HOT n HOT miles were involved...
I did it for ME mostly as leaving Redline 20/50 n 20/60 was Tough to do...

I have NO problem standing behind this Oil as MY testing was good from Blackstone... (2 reports) one at 4500 miles and one at 6111 miles...
First report on page 11 and Both Combined on Page 23.....

Use what-ever oil you want but at 8 bucks US$ a Liter iF bought @ 5 liter jug... That is 40$ for 5 Liters  for a TESTED German Oil for speciality High Dollar Cars n using both Gas n Diesel engines...  FULLY Synthetic  :nix: THEN finding it off Amazon with free shipping too...  :SM:

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Smarty for your GOOD Report Below......
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!

Smarty

Quote from: BUBBIE on December 11, 2016, 04:57:24 PM

I put some LONG miles on LiquiMoly 10w60 oil so I would NOT be miss-leading any of the HTT readers... HOT n HOT miles were involved...

I have NO problem standing behind this Oil as MY testing was good from Blackstone... (2 reports) one at 4500 miles and one at 6111 miles...

Use what-ever oil you want but at 8 bucks US$ a Liter iF bought @ 5 liter jug... That is 40$ for 5 Liters  for a TESTED German Oil for speciality High Dollar Cars n using both Gas n Diesel engines...  FULLY Synthetic  :nix: THEN finding it off Amazon with free shipping too...  :SM:

signed....BUBBIE
I'll have to say, I drank the cool aide ,too Bubbie. The first summer using LQ I went on a 8000 mile trip without changing per your reports. When I got back, I sent mine to Blackstone and they sent back, oil was good to go another 2000 miles. I didn't, but I did do another 7500 mile trip this last summer and got the same report back. I'm good with LQ.
Suspended by Smarty
Carol Burks

No Cents

BUBBIE...I don't have any Black Stone reports to offer...but what I do have is an engine that I just pulled the top end apart on that I've only ran 10w60 Liqui Moly in it since it was last apart.
Everything looked brand new still...I mean everything. I'm talking the cam plate, oil pump, rocker arms, rocker supports, etc...nothing showed any signs of wear. I was pretty amazed.
I'm sticking with the 10w60 Liqui Moly!  :up:

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

BUBBIE

Ray,

The parts you put together and your use of LiquiMoly oil then Run them and Check them Often IS MUCH better than any Blackstone report.

Just YOU saying Good Results with No Wear showing on your High Performance Parts,  Means a LOT... Members Will and Do respect your opinion... :up:

You Ray, have seen the INSIDE RESULTS where I have mostly only seen the outside LONGEVITY and good results on 2 Blackstone reports...  Yes, Mine comes apart Once and a While but with your Bike, You are able to see first hand NO WEAR on parts when you change your build so often... tks...

I am really happy Just Like You, with the LiquiMoly Oils that Brice got US interested in Long Ago... :SM:

signed....BUBBIE
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!

NHBagger

Quote from: No Cents on December 13, 2016, 05:42:43 PM
BUBBIE...I don't have any Black Stone reports to offer...but what I do have is an engine that I just pulled the top end apart on that I've only ran 10w60 Liqui Moly in it since it was last apart.
Everything looked brand new still...I mean everything. I'm talking the cam plate, oil pump, rocker arms, rocker supports, etc...nothing showed any signs of wear. I was pretty amazed.
I'm sticking with the 10w60 Liqui Moly!  :up:

Ray

Will you use it to break in your new build?

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Mountainman streetbob

Quote from: Smarty on December 11, 2016, 05:23:14 PM
Quote from: BUBBIE on December 11, 2016, 04:57:24 PM

signed....BUBBIE
I'll have to say, I drank the cool aide ,too Bubbie. The first summer using LQ I went on a 8000 mile trip without changing per your reports. When I got back, I sent mine to Blackstone and they sent back, oil was good to go another 2000 miles. I didn't, but I did do another 7500 mile trip this last summer and got the same report back. I'm good with LQ.

:SM: :up: :up: :SM:        :baby:      :agree:
Brice H Dyal  The "Mountainmman"
US Army 89-01 35H/12B US Army AMC