April 27, 2024, 10:14:46 PM

News:

Info on Part # 57800-00 Please

Started by Hogman, March 12, 2009, 06:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman

I Have this Posted on the General Board too, as we Need as much Help, and Info on this as we can get, Before the 20th of the Month.....

A Friend of mine has a 1995 Electra Glide, and wants to Purchase one of these Fairing Bras to Protect his Paint. The Dealer told him there was No Way the Fairing Bra with the above Part number would Fit. So, a Couple of Questions on this.
According to the H-D Bible, it fits 1996 and Up......
First of all, has Anyone installed this one on a 1995 or Earlier E/G?
Second, is there Any REPUTABLE Company out there Selling these That WILL fit a 1995 E/G?
Thirdly, Does Anyone have any Thoughts on this? Like IS there a way to Install the 57800-00 without Ruining ANYTHING?
I am going to put this on the EVO and Also on the Swap Meet to See If I can Find a Used one or Something that Just in case it Doesn't Necessarily work out, he won't be out All the Money the Dealer wants.
We Know the Book says he HAS to Purchase the W/S Moulding P/N 59213-96 as well, so it's Not Just a case of the Fairing Bra Dollars going Down the Drain he's Worried about.   

THANKS in Advance for Any and All Help on this. WE appreciate it.
Hogman

92flhtcu

I'm not sure but I think 95 was the last year for the 5 mount holes in the fairing for the windshield and 96 newer is only 3 holes, that also might explain the trim part number as well
Again, not sure, maybe someone with a 95 can tell us how many holes in fairing for the windshield mount
Rob
Need a bigger garage

Hogman

Quote from: 92flhtcu on March 13, 2009, 03:50:57 AM
I'm not sure but I think 95 was the last year for the 5 mount holes in the fairing for the windshield and 96 newer is only 3 holes, that also might explain the trim part number as well
Again, not sure, maybe someone with a 95 can tell us how many holes in fairing for the windshield mount
Rob

THANKS for the Reply 92. Yes, We Knew That Much, and He was Thinking of Bringing it to an upholstery Shop (IF Necessary, to have that Rectified,) BUTT, what about the Shape itself, Would You happen to have Any Idea?  We had Someone tell us the Fairings Themselves were Different Shaped, although he could not tell us just WHERE they were Changed, thus, Hard to believe, if ya know what I Mean. (Gees, This is harder than I Thought it would be!  :hyst: )
Oh well, Maybe the Old Saying will be True, All Things Good Take Time...... Or SOMETHING Like That..... Ha Ha ha ha ha
Thanks Again 92, Appreciate the Help Man.
Hogman