May 09, 2024, 05:33:32 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

new member from Garland,Texas

Started by rowdyrody, August 02, 2014, 10:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowdyrody

hello, I'm a new member. just joined last night. I found out about the Forum from a new buddy I was working with. I like you folks a lot!!!  Good info I been reading as I'm browsing looking to get the know how to fix my 2000 Road King Custom. It has a sequential port injection which i just got it running correct last summer.  I didn't know it at the time, that it would be a big time mistake by pushing the bike down the driveway to jump start it when the battery was low and I blew out the cam compartment. Cam chain tensioners destroyed causing cam sensor to fail,cams lifters,oil pump,cam support plate,etc...Complete rebuild needed. My question is??? Should I work to fix this or just get a new stronger motor to replace the old 88cc??? I just put a new Y pipe myself on the bike less than 400 miles ago. that took me all day! Now I have to learn how to do the cam compartment. I don't know which way is best at this time, need help with which motor is best, should I think about changing the trans to a 6 speed also at this time if poss? :banghead: