May 05, 2024, 03:47:41 PM

News:

RICOR INTIMINATORS First Impressions

Started by Hal64hd, March 13, 2009, 07:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hal64hd

After picking up my bike, and having the Ricor intiminators installed on my
06A. The ride on the way home (about 17 miles) was awsome.
The one word to describe my first impression is "WOW"
I didn't realize how smooth the front suspension could be. All the road front feedback ( I use to feel every bumb and imperfection in the road through the handle bars) is gone. Another thing that I noticed was that my bike didn't "bottom out" when I went over speed bumps that previously I would bottom out on.
The difference is night and day.
I will have a full report on results after my 600 mile trip this weekend.

I want to give a shout out to Brian and the crew over @ Ricor for all their help
and producing a product that works.

[url]http://store.ricorshocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=27]
After picking up my bike, and having the Ricor intiminators installed on my
06A. The ride on the way home (about 17 miles) was awsome.
The one word to describe my first impression is "WOW"
I didn't realize how smooth the front suspension could be. All the road front feedback ( I use to feel every bumb and imperfection in the road through the handle bars) is gone. Another thing that I noticed was that my bike didn't "bottom out" when I went over speed bumps that previously I would bottom out on.
The difference is night and day.
I will have a full report on results after my 600 mile trip this weekend.

I want to give a shout out to Brian and the crew over @ Ricor for all their help
and producing a product that works.

http://store.ricorshocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=27

FSG

HIPPO

Never heard of them or seen the product.

It sounds like the exact same IAS technology that Edelbrock has a patent on and licenses for all sorts of applications including the 440 rear shocks.

At first sight they seem expensive considering the price of two complete late model fork legs that basically have a wanna be Race Tech emulator in them.

Probably a question of someone trying them.

FSG

Big Dan

Never follow the Hippo into the water.

HIPPO

It says on the Edelbrock site they bought the tech from Ricor. Seems like I recall reading other firms sites that used this technology mentioning that they bought the rights from Edelbrock. Perhaps they bought master rights from Ricor?

Doesn't matter, it's obviously the same technology, not anything radically new.

I was aware of these Edelbrock shocks for a long time (never saw a Ricor shock), never used them personally because I always got exceptional service out of the Bilstein's on my trucks. But IMO the 440's are a good addition to the bike if for no other reason that the OEM stuff is such cheap garbage. Probably holds for the front.

HIPPO

Also it sounds like they drop in on the damper tube forks. This would mean that all the bikes with the cartridge in one leg have to be converted over to damper tube first.

The valid comparison in performance would be against a late model faired touring bike that already has the damper tube with wannabe emulators in both forks stock.
Or compare price and effectiveness against a set of Race Tech's.

It doesn't look like the Ricor inserts can be adjusted for the weight of bike and/or rider without taking the whole thing apart every time?

FSG

road-dawgs1

'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

FSG

The *Amsoil 5 weight fork oil is REQUIRED with these valves* is a bit of a concern.

Dan what oil is in your front end?

Clintster

On the 49mm they say to use 10wt or 15wt depending on use.
Drive fast, take chances

sandrooney

Hal64hd,
Please do give us a report.
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .

road-dawgs1

Direct from Ricor:

"The reason we use 5w oil is because we add true valving to the damper rod system and have an Inertia Valve. The 5w oil allows the system to be able to react faster on bumps and because of the valving we have added low speed control."
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

Hal64hd

March 19, 2009, 10:41:37 AM #13 Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:20:28 PM by Hal64hd
OK ,Got back Sunday night, The last part of my ride was the most miserable, I was stuck in traffic for two hours trying to get across the Hover Dam. As Far as The INTIMINATORS two thumbs up!!. My bike handled better than it ever had before, it had more of a positive feel and reaction to my inputs.
While traveling on I-40 @ 80 MPH. I was amazed how the bike just cruised over the patched jobs on the highway I used to feel it thought the handlebars and get pitched all over the road on some of them. Now, I hardly felt anything and was able to maintain my position in the lane and just glided over them. I was also on Route 66 east of Seligman AZ heading west. I took a couple of miles of the twisties for me to get used to the how the front end reacted. I was too used to the way the bike would handle before the INTIMINATORS and had to learn all over again. After getting the feel it was also very impressive, the bikes reaction to my inputs were very precise and smooth
The front end dive was minimal which also attributed to my having to relearn my riding style. With less of a "dive" the weight transfer also shifted along with the ground clearance (with was improved) After getting my restyled habits down. It was pure pleasure.

"My bike was taking me for a ride instead of Me taking my bike for a ride"

I am so impressed I am going to get another set for my wifes XL883L

Panzer

Impressive
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.