May 09, 2024, 01:59:31 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS-Do I have a bad O2 sensor

Started by Merc1100sc, August 10, 2014, 05:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc1100sc

Tuning my bike with a TTS. I notice in the data master histogram the rear O2 sensor is not toggling between on and off at all.
I also notice the rear is reading some voltages way out of what I believe should be the correct spectrum. As high as 1300mV.
Should I assume this sensor is bad? Anyone to confirm using the TTS?
Bike is an 06 dyna.

Thanks

2-Piece

Sounds iffy, you could always swap front and back and see if it behaves the same.

Merc1100sc

Yes,

AS much as a PITA they are to swap put I was thinking about trying that. Just figured I could tell with the TTS if one was definitely bad.
Thanks

longshooter

Merc
Sorry for the late post but just saw this. Temporarily induce lean & rich conditions while monitoring TTS data. If you see no change, then the O2 is probably dead. Bear in mind that doing this will also affect the front O2.

longshooter
STUPID PEOPLE WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

Merc1100sc

Thanks for replies guys. Upon swapping the sensors front to back I noticed the rear was loose. I swapped them anyway and its seems fine now. The mV of the sensors seem to be jumping around quite a but which leads be to believe they are good.