May 04, 2024, 11:15:09 PM

News:

OT- handgun ammo gone

Started by tbird, March 13, 2009, 10:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apendejo

A couple of weeks ago one of the guys at my work gave me a buttload of all kinds of .32 ammo, real old stuff in the original boxes. .32-20, .32 Long Colt. regular .32, .32 Rimfire, .25 Auto and .22 Auto and a bunch of others I can't remember right now.
His friend is a fireman here in SoCal and when peoples old family members die they turn this stuff along with weapons into the FD. The weapons get turned over to LE to be destroyed,(shame) and the ammo gets "destroyed" by the FD.
Disclaimer: To all LEO, This story is complete bullsjit I am making it up as I go. :wink:
AP

calbyker69

Was just checking gunbroker.com and there seems to be plenty of ammo. Dealers are jacking up the price and getting rich off of all the panic and the crooks have no problem getting what they want. Kinda like the gas "crises" that happens every year. They raise the prices cuz they know that we will pay it. "They" claim shortage, embargo, public safety, etc. Bottom line is its all about generating revenue. Everyone gets money and it comes out of your pocket.

76shuvlinoff

March 14, 2009, 03:48:31 AM #27 Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 04:10:57 AM by 76shuvlinoff
  Gentlemen I'm as much a gun enthusiast  as anyone, I enjoy plinking and learing from other's experiences. I have a ccw not because I'm scared but because I can. There are gun specific sites and r2kba sites on the web and even there they refuse to veer into racism.

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway