April 30, 2024, 11:24:42 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Log Tuner download

Started by 07heri, August 15, 2014, 01:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

07heri

Anyone know where to download a copy of log tuner for the PV?  Can't find it on the DJ website any longer.
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

rbabos

August 15, 2014, 02:52:43 PM #1 Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:42:52 PM by rbabos
Quote from: 07heri on August 15, 2014, 01:25:55 PM
Anyone know where to download a copy of log tuner for the PV?  Can't find it on the DJ website any longer.
I've got it but no installer can be found, only the files. Not sure just sending the files will work. :scratch: If you can figure a way to do it I can help. For now I PM'd you the exe file.
Ron

hrdtail78

Why is there a problem finding the installer. I'll look. I think I have it saved in a email.   
Semper Fi

rageglide

Pretty sure I have the install bundle from from sometime last year.  I think it's been pulled from DJ site cuz with Autotune it's really no longer needed.  Whittlebeast and the PV threads on a few other forums reference it a lot, but those are old threads.

07heri send a PM with an email address and I'll send you what I have.  I think it's too big to attach.

rageglide

Ok, I found version Log Tuner 1.2 install media.  1.1Mb.  I have no place to put it for download. 

rbabos

Quote from: hrdtail78 on August 15, 2014, 09:29:45 PM
Why is there a problem finding the installer. I'll look. I think I have it saved in a email.
Damned if I know. A search on both desk and lap show no installer program associated with log tuner. :nix:
Ron

hrdtail78

I heard a rumor a couple months ago that DJ was going to stop supporting log tuner and everything will need to be taken care of in the vision unit itself.  Can anybody confirm or deny?  I will have to call out there Monday.
Semper Fi

rbabos

August 16, 2014, 10:28:21 AM #7 Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:30:22 AM by rbabos
Quote from: hrdtail78 on August 16, 2014, 08:38:08 AM
I heard a rumor a couple months ago that DJ was going to stop supporting log tuner and everything will need to be taken care of in the vision unit itself.  Can anybody confirm or deny?  I will have to call out there Monday.
Can't see it if one only uses the standard PV unit and wants full closed loop, which I presently run. The reason I went with logtuner for the second tune was to dial in specific clbs on the v rod. Basic uses 700 across the board. That just didn't cut it for all aspects of running well with economy. 700 was too lean for 2-3500 range and would never dial in and way too fat for cruise economy. Correct, they don't support logtuner any more.
Ron

rageglide

I think they decided that AT mode was easier for the majority of the PV owners.  It hasn't been updated in a long time. I'm fairly certain v1.2 is the latest.

I like it for the same reasons mentioned although I haven't tried changing CLB.

Anyway, I have the original zip file... if someone wants it or has a place to put it. Not sure if DJ would care or not.

rbabos

Quote from: rageglide on August 16, 2014, 11:14:42 AM
I think they decided that AT mode was easier for the majority of the PV owners.  It hasn't been updated in a long time. I'm fairly certain v1.2 is the latest.

I like it for the same reasons mentioned although I haven't tried changing CLB.

Anyway, I have the original zip file... if someone wants it or has a place to put it. Not sure if DJ would care or not.
Same version I had from last year. I like the program, once I figured out how to use it.  Short of going to AT100 or equivalent , It's as good as one can expect using the basic PV unit only.
Ron

07heri

Thanks all.  Found it on Jaime's site. 
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

FSG

14Frisco

rageglide

Quote from: rbabos on August 16, 2014, 12:52:12 PM
Same version I had from last year. I like the program, once I figured out how to use it.  Short of going to AT100 or equivalent , It's as good as one can expect using the basic PV unit only.
Ron

:agree:  Glad to see Jamie has it.

joe_lyons

I use log tuner for tuning sepst or sert bikes.  If the exhaust o2 sensor locations are crap or no o2 sensors then I use widebands and log tuner.  Kinda like how some people use twinscan but the log length is huge
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901