May 05, 2024, 08:22:34 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

OT Any bad Friday the 13th stories...?

Started by tireater, March 13, 2009, 09:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tireater

I'll start...
I blew a back tire on the bagger doing 70 in a 55...Pulled off and did a sideways slide but didn't dump it...
Kind of lucky I guess...except for the part about me being here and my bike is still on the mountain...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

apendejo

We don't talk about superstitous stuff at my work, It's so friggin dangerous there every day is Friday the 13th.
Now April fools day is another thing. I been there 25 years so I am gonna pull out an oldie for the new guys.
I got a bunch of fully dressed car crash dummies stashed away, I am gonna go in real early that morning and set them in all the toilet stalls and lock the doors. I take 2 step-ladders with me and crawl out over the top. :hyst:
AP

MrClean

Nope, just another day just like last month. 02/13/09 Friday
These are the facts according to my opinions.

dablaze

Second Shift Cycle

Jeffd

Showdog75

Judging from your pic tireater looks like you were due a new back tire anyway. You seem like the kinda fella that likes to live on the edge , my kinda guy. :up:

hunter

Phil Pesicka, the finest person I've ever known, had a heart attack yesterday.  He was on a resuscitator with a dying heart and no brain activity and would come off when his second son made it back in town.  He was 48, a retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel and an aviator with over 4000 hours including combat time in two wars. 

I met him at San Antonio waiting for the bus to Officer Training School.  He was my first friend in the military.  Throughout the 24 years I knew him, he remained the smartest person I ever met with absolute recall of every event during the times our careers crossed paths.  He was generous to a fault.  I never saw him angry.

Just having a little trouble finding a place for this.

Showdog75

dbugsymalone

i lost my dog of 15 years this last fri 13th in feb.quick & peaceful & i was by her side....age finally caught up.....as for april 1st.,found a buddy of mine dead in my yard when i got up in the morning to let the dogs out...someone had worked him over in the middle of the night at a party up the street...that was 4 years back & still bothers me (as it should).....b
Wanted:Rich widow who likes harleys.....apply within

stroker800

Friday the 13th is a "ride" in Port Dover, Ontario ,Canada..Its a small town on lake Erie,,,the party was started in 1981 by 4 guys that decided to show up next year on the same day,,Now there is thousands of people traveling from aa over,,,I had stopped goin when OCC  showed up with their crap...Google it see the pics,,,,I've even been know to get a little buzz on and perform with the Delta Shakers....If you get a chance ,,,check it out,,,,great time.
Dave

JamLazyAss

Friday the 13th story...

Yep.
Syracuse beat West Virginia in the Big East semi-final.   :up:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

northbrun

well I drive a limo and had an hour and 15 min drive to pick up some shmuck that was landing this AM.. got up at 4am, showered, got into a cold truck, to get into a cold limo, to drive the 1-1/4 hour trip to get to boston to watch the sunrise. sat in the airport for an hour, and decided that there was no way it should take anny a$$h00le an hour to deplane and get his baggage. turned around and drove home.
Just what I felt like doing....get up at 4am to drive to Boston to watch the sunrise....wish I at least took the bike :crook:

northbrun

update...just found out the shumck ordered the ride for the wrong day..so now i gotta do it all over again in the morning.. and try to be nice to him to boot! :dgust:

jd8181

was at my grandma's funeral who died sunday and got a phone call that my grandpa (on the other side of the family) just passes away. not a week that i want to remamber at all.  :'(
maybe it will get alittle warm here at the beginning of next week since i'm taking acouple extra days of bereavement and i can go for a nice ride. that would make it alittle better
2003 Night Train 95" SE Pistons, S&S Cams, Hooker's , SERT, etc....
What's Next

Panzer

This is a big misshap for me.
Friday the 13th, found out that Specialx1 & Jamlazyass are still members of HTT.
Of all the luck :angry:

Otherwise everything is Kool
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Baggerlady

Mine was actually a good day. It got up to 60 degrees, and I went for a ride. On the way home, in a bad corner there was an older guy riding a crotch rocket that had been going too fast, and he laid it down. He was ok, and said his wife was going to kill him! I told him he was pretty lucky, he could have ended up down in the ditch with water, or really gotten hurt. He had on his jacket with armor, and a full face helmet. He was kind of skinned up on the material, but no skin was showing. He was up and walking ok. He dented the tank, and busted up the little fairing and broke his shift lever, but was able to ride home. I followed him a bit to make sure he was ok, until he turned and headed towards home. :rose:

specialx1

it's only kinky the first time

psycho

i had a great day, my son turned 18 and we took him for his first tat

Phu Cat

Northbrun, My BIL owned a limo service.  Tough business   Ya might say you're in the personality business.  So, ya gonna charge his credit card twice?  The previous day didn't you turn down another customer cuz ya thought you were booked?

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

jumpinjack

Went for a short ride early am with a few stops. Went home had lunch & bike wont start. Dead Battery. 4 years 1 month on old one. 

motorplex88

This was'nt on the 13th but yesterday. Me and my oldest son take of on the bikes to get some fresh fuel in them about 20 miles from the house.[we live out in the country] The wife calls on the cell and tells me my youngest son[15] crashed his 250 dirt bike and severly broke his ankle and was taking him to the hospital. The bike was by the roadside by a gate leading into our pasture. She could'nt get it picked up so she just drug it to the side of the rode the best she could and told me to get it picked up before going to the hospital. I made it to the crash site in about 15min. and someone had already stole it!! Talk about adding insult to injury. The kid just bought it about 3 months ago with his own money he worked damned hard for. I could just puke. You can imagine what he feels like.

tireater

Bummer...I hate thieves...a biker crashed in Canada and some guys in a truck stole his bike while he layed in the street passed out...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

northbrun

phucat. i guess the co will charge him at a reduced rate. I just could have thought of a few things i would rather be doing that morning
(like SLEEP)

Panzer

It takes a real low life to steal someones bike, even more so when injured.
Damn, that make me freakin mad to hear that.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.