May 09, 2024, 08:02:51 AM

News:

New to Harleys

Started by Aaron Burr, August 24, 2014, 03:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Burr

Hello everyone, thanks for allowing me to join this forum. I found you guys out of desperation. I have a 1984 FLT shovelhead.

This is my first Harley, but nowhere near my first bike. So I figured working on this thing would be a breeze. Ha. Nothing is where it should be and everything is shaped funny or 4 times bigger than it should be.

Anyway, I will add photos once I start a thread build but I did have one question. Do I need to take off the primary cover to get at the bendix gear? I have starter grind and figured it was the bendix. It's located waaaay over on the other end of this enormous starter motor. Can I get to the bendix from the right side of the bike after pulling out the starter or do I have to remove the primary and go at it from the left side of the bike?

Slammers

Welcome Aaron. You came to the right place for technical advice and even a few laughs from time to time.
I'm not able to answer your question, there are a lot of guys here with in depth knowledge of shovels.
You may want to post your question over on the Shovelhead forum as well.  :teeth:
Slam '04 FXDL

Aaron Burr