May 06, 2024, 02:26:45 AM

News:

Weather Sux

Started by Fxstchewy, March 14, 2009, 05:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fxstchewy

Man last weekend it was close to 80F and sunny, now it is 40 and rain ALL weekend, ALL weekend.  :soda:
"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can have the change."

Ape_do

Yah. I'm one state below you. It's looking snotty way into next week. 'Good weekend for me to check primary chain tension, change fluids & slap on a purdy derby cover that I've had laying on the shelf. :up:

08blackstreetglide

We have the same problem. 70's last weekend. No rain today,but only in the 40's!

PoorUB

Quote from: Fxstchewy on March 14, 2009, 05:06:10 AM
Man last weekend it was close to 80F and sunny, now it is 40 and rain ALL weekend, ALL weekend.  :soda:

I will trade you! A week ago it was in the 40's here, then the snow and wind came, 10 inches of the white cr.....sh.....stuff. I was about one day away from getting my bike out for the spring. Now it looks like the middle of January again. The driveway was clear, now it is covered with snow and ice. The only good thing is the temps came back up and it should go fast. Bad thing, if it stays warm we wll be sand bagging pretty soon as all this snow fills the Red River pretty fast. The weather man were warning of bad spring floods before the snow came.
I can ride in the rain, but snow and ice, maybe, but I really aviod it!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

specialx1

49 and sunny today finally,i,m going ridin, after 20 below his winter this feels like,a heatwave
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

JamLazyAss

C'mon you guys. Quit yer belly aching.
Both of ya's are in the Carolina's and yer complaining?

C'mon up to New York State.
We haven't had a warm day since, well, um, err, ah forget about it. Case of CRS again.  :soda:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Ape_do

BTW, in doing my routine maintenance last weekend (in addition to adjusting the primary chain), I noticed that one weld bracket for my muffler was completely snapped off, and the screw was missing from the other weld bracket. Yup, the muffler was literally hanging by the header and connector pipe! I'm now very grateful for that lousy weather that forced me to jack up the bike and poke around!

Panzer

See, around every cloud there is a silver lining.
A purple ape??    No more for me, I'm driving.  :hyst:     
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Topend

I live in MI so that says it all !  :crook:
Topend95
95 cu in, Andrews 37,  Supertrapp mufflers, 42mm Mikuni, SE/Heads, Crane 4HTC

taz95dog

it's rough out here in the southwest too.it's 80* and sunny here ,i had to use a suncreen spf-30 and had to run the a/c in the truck...taz... :teeth:
home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

specialx1

another beer would probally improve your drivin Panzer :potstir:
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

Big_Bulky_RK

March 17, 2009, 06:25:57 PM #11 Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 02:47:05 AM by Big_Bulky_RK
Sorry to bust the bubble in this thread, but I live in Michigan and woke up to 41 degrees with the forecast of 60's nearing 70and sunny.  
Yup, sucked a few cups of coffee and headed to work on the scoot.  5:30 AM, traffic was great.  44 mile ride was good.  
3:00 PM  everything was great, traffic was kind, sun was out.  
Got home, picked up the wife, put another 50 or so miles on.  When you live in Michigan, you really gotta love a day like today in March.  
Wishing everyone good weather, and safe riding,  Glen
Michigan,    Pot Hole Capital of the US