May 07, 2024, 06:28:56 AM

News:

ADJUSTABLE TREES

Started by 8080REG, March 14, 2009, 01:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8080REG

Just finished reading the post about raked cups and how they hav,nt affected the handling of the bike,i,m about to fit a set of adjustable rake triple trees and i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with riding these fitted.I would assume the rake is going to be more than what a set of cups would allow.Any input would be appreciated.

ramcr913

Haven't used raked trees myself, but typically they are used to correct trail issues from raked necks.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/rakeandtrail.html

Read the article and use the trail calculator, you will see that raked trees by themselves shortens the trail to a point where instability becomes an issue at road speeds.

I am by no means an expert but am in the process of figuring this out. I wouldn't use raked trees by themselves.

Good luck, let us know what you do and how it works out.

hd76fxlr

I've ridden one with 4digree rake.Worked fine;rode and tracked great.Didn't turn around in the road worth a hoot.Can't have everything.Charlie

Ultrashovel

They are useful for sidecar work. They are unstable for solo riding.

monty101

I would not use them unless you have at least a 45 degree rake already. Not enough trail and possible negative trail on a stock front end which will result in scooter being too sensitive to have stable steering at highway speeds. 3 degree cups work fine but unless you allready have a raked front end raked trees do not cause a scooter to be stable going down the road. You will find a slight "touch" to one handle bar will require an immediate "touch" to the other side which I couldn't get used to. I went ahead and raked mine myself and it was a simple task and now my scooter runs down the highway stable as if it was on train tracks. I love lots of trail.