May 07, 2024, 09:17:59 PM

News:

What's your favorite Dyna Model?

Started by JGSalinas, September 04, 2014, 02:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colt

2002 Wide Glide.  Because it's an '02 and at 69-plus thousand miles continues to be as reliable as a toothbrush.  It is also comfortable, handles well and, aesthetically, she is a gorgeous piece of work.

--Colt

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Kansas

I've owned Super Glides, Low Riders, Street Bob, and now a Switchback.  Now that I tour a bunch the Switchback makes sense, but a Low Rider, for a basic wonderful scoot, would get my vote.  They are fun to ride.

jadyna

FXDX is the best Dyna, from one who has a 2000 FXDS-CONV with 160,000 kilos (which is just a hair under 100,000 miles).
jadyna

calgary56

September 06, 2014, 08:06:51 PM #28 Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 08:09:58 PM by calgary56
Well a Wide Glide of course, 2005 with 438,106 kilometers (272,226 miles) as of this afternoon, picture was from yesterday, 05 September 2014, highest paved road in Canada, kind of pales next to Colorado's Trail Ridge Road at 12,183 ft (3,713 m)[attach=0]

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Live Long, ... Out Ride the Reaper !

runamuck

I really like the 2001 carbed wide glide I have.

Iron horse

Wideglide for me. The things I like 180 rear tire , front rake. Flame paint job , forward controls , and it's mostly black out so it's a riding bike not one that needs to be cleaned after getting caught in the rain like my Deuce. Love to have one for a second bike.

Mountainman streetbob

Quote from: Max Headflow on September 06, 2014, 09:06:33 AM
FXDX

It's got better / taller suspension and bagger front brakes..

Max

Have they made the fxdx since 05?
Brice H Dyal  The "Mountainmman"
US Army 89-01 35H/12B US Army AMC

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: Mountainman streetbob on September 07, 2014, 10:33:42 AM
Quote from: Max Headflow on September 06, 2014, 09:06:33 AM
FXDX

It's got better / taller suspension and bagger front brakes..

Max

Have they made the fxdx since 05?

Nope but you can find them used with low miles cheep..

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2000-Harley-Davidson-Dyna-112972420

Too bad the guy screwed up the seat and pipes...

Max

sharkoilfield

Really liked my somewhat modified FXDXT; many exciting miles put on that bike, but now too dated for my purposes. Currently touring on an FXDF... really like the ride and the handling is OK, but certainly not in the FXDX/T league. The switchback has/had the 41mm front forks AFAIK; not the best front end if handling is high on your list of Harley traits wanted. Certainly prefer the Dyna's for touring over the FLH's. Just did 4000+ KM thru Oregon, Idaho and Washington and felt my bike was a perfect match for me on those roads.

04 SE Deuce

I agree with that logic at least to some degree.  Ships are ideal on oceans...not as much on rivers and streams.   Rick

sfmichael

I've only owned 6 HD's so by no means an expert but the best riding of them all (for comfort) was 2001 Wide Glide.

Should've kept it but can't keep 'em all. Still have 2 and that's enough.
Colorado Springs, CO.

Azgunner

I love my '02 FXDL with it's WG front end. I can set it up to tour on or strip it down for hot-rodding around town. Only H-D I'll probably ever own.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

N-gin

FXDF
dual front brakes, big fuel tank, very nimble for its size.
I have put longer forks on it and I can still drag the pegs around corners and not feel I'm pushing the limit.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind