May 09, 2024, 03:06:07 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Remote Oil Filter Installation

Started by Tsani, September 07, 2014, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis The Menace

Quote from: chico on September 08, 2014, 10:11:42 AM
Tsani the old member big dan got into a huge argument with the powers to be and was banned. Dont think they want any links to his site posted here, or much less
a posting that would give him any business, its a shame because his kit works very good. I dont think you can even do any searches for the old member as i think all have been removed

Not really.  The problem was the fact that Dan was promoting his product here, which at that time HTT did not allow.  Dan didn't like the rules, essentially wanted to be right but wasn't.  Only choice for him was to leave, which was accommodated.

But, since the site would NOW allow him to have a Vendor section on HTT, I am sure Dan would be welcomed back.  Others who have been banned have been allowed back--some who asked, and others who have not asked and think that they snuck back in.  (Thats not possible, by the way)  As long as members adhere to the rule here, they are always welcome on HTT.  JME

Admins, feel free to edit if I revealed too much info.

Tsani

Well, I wasn't looking to delve into any of that stuff.
I have a Pure Power Filter. Removable, Reusable. Easy to monitor. Except I detested that mess.
And I like the look of it. Neat. Different.
And because I did the mod and had a mid oil change look at the filter, I may have caught a problem early with what may be a set of lifters.
So for me, it is a win, win. And hopefully a problem doesn't get worse. And that's a matter for another thread.

So if it can help someone else out, yay. That's what the site is for. To me anyway.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

FSG

Quote from: Tsani on September 08, 2014, 08:07:42 AM
Quote from: truck on September 08, 2014, 07:50:44 AM
Quote from: Tsani on September 08, 2014, 06:41:19 AM
Who changed my post and why?
If I did something wrong with the above post,  let me know. I will edit it. I see links posted all the time. Thought it was the preferred method. But to change it, alter it, without telling me makes me look like I don't know what I am doing when it comes to posting. It's not appreciated.
Looks like you did the edit. Take out one of the dots after www. I did and still didn't get anywhere. :idunno:

No Truck, I am sorry to report that I most definitely did not edit it. Someone else did tho. Someone who had access or a hacker. So as I said, if posting a link for information asked is wrong, just let me know and I will simply say "Google It". But I didn't think a link was inappropriate, as I just read yet another thread with a new link posted.

Tsani it sure looks to me like you edited your posts.  If I were to edit them then they would have FSG there instead of Tsani.

Coyote

As I explained to Tsani via PM, no one edited his post. The url he posted is blocked from being back linked from this site.  I'm not going to get into the reasons but that's why the link does not work.

Tsani

Generally, my edits are to correct my spelling. I have several keys sticking on my keyboard and should really get a new one. Rest assured FSG, I most certainly did not edit that particular item in question. If I edited something, I would so say I did. I did not do so. I did not edit that link reference. I did however attempt to "fix" it after conversing with Truck. Clear enough now? So it's done and over with AFAIAC. What is done is done and has been explained to me elsewhere by someone else.  Me: I am letting it lay where it lies.  I thought it was a good upgrade, so as I just said, "So if it can help someone else out, yay. That's what the site is for. To me anyway."

So if there are no other questions, I still think it is a great idea.

Edited: Thank You Coyote. You beat to it.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

tommy g

Thanks to Tsani's picture show I ordered me up one of them fine riggins.
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF

GLFLSTCI02

Quote from: tommy g on September 08, 2014, 03:09:40 PM
Thanks to Tsani's picture show I ordered me up one of them fine riggins.
Me as well, it looks like a good piece  :up:

Gene
"Gee Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night" June Cleaver

Dennis The Menace

Well, back on topic, placing the oil filter practically anywhere else is better than where MoCo still places it, IMO.  Regardless of the pressure/flow loss.  lol

texaskatfish

Another MUCHO satisified customer (of the bagger style vertical setup / filter under left passenger floorboard - same vendor-that-shall-not-be-named-but-is-pretty-easy-to-locate-via Google)

We put this on Gracie oh..................a year ago mebbe more(?) - works like a champ! There's a 'direct-to-block' adapter now available that would eliminate a LOT in front of the motor - seriously eyeballing that option!
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

Tsani

Yeah but that direct block option won't work with a softail :cry:
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Tsani

Quote from: Dennis The Menace on September 08, 2014, 06:04:22 PM
Well, back on topic, placing the oil filter practically anywhere else is better than where MoCo still places it, IMO.  Regardless of the pressure/flow loss.  lol

Agree Dennis. The thing worse IMO is my wife's Element. Haven't figured how to remove that filter with getting a shoulder full of oil.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Jaycee1964

Very sweet.  I need one.  Also looks like there may be the possibility of adding an extra external oil cooler in a remote location pretty easily...
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

hdzcar

I don't get it.  Run a zillion feet of oil hose to save on a couple of paper towels.   

Jaycee1964

Quote from: hdzcar on September 08, 2014, 08:06:51 PM
I don't get it.  Run a zillion feet of oil hose to save on a couple of paper towels.

Then your just not into it like we are.  We are all *&cked in the head and find any way possible to toss our $$$ into our passion. It's a disease...   
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

Soft 02

Maybe if you could find some of that finned steel line you could run that under the bike as a heat dispersant.
07 FXST 124" Vee Twin built!
66 Triumph Tiger TR6 DOA

Tsani

Actually, no. The lines tucked on each side of the frame rail high and tight.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

rageglide

Looks good to me.  I've been considering a relocation for my bagger but have been a bit concerned about the lines wearing.  Maybe worried about nothing... FXR had filter under the battery.  My FXWG had filter in front of rear tire (not rubber mounted frame).

Install looks good, nice and tight to the frame and out of harms way, well documented and appreciated effort.

chico

I put some of the plastic corrugated wire protector over my hoses just for a little piece of mind, probably not needed but makes me feel better. Im also using his oil cooler,
all works great. Well done kit thats makes oil changes clean and simple.

guydoc77

I see my post also got edited. Telltale sign is that there's still an apostrophe and the letter s ('s) hanging there unnecessarily in the first sentence.
I had mentioned the manufacturer name ahead of the 's.

gracie

I read the posts of a "direct to block" installation, but the only mention I saw on the site was about connecting the lines directly to an Evo motor oil pump.  By the way, TexasKatfish, this is not your bike sneaking out of the garage and posting on this site.

texaskatfish

Wow gracie (ya had me wondering for a moment!  :wink:  )

The direct to block adaptor may not yet be on the site - but here's a photo of it I saw on another discussion board (aka across the hall on OFOPOS)

Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

gracie

Many thanks for the photo.  That looks like something worth waiting for.