April 27, 2024, 11:43:40 PM

News:

2000 FXD in Tacoma

Started by flying_finn, September 11, 2014, 10:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flying_finn

September 11, 2014, 10:40:43 AM Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:43:07 AM by flying_finn
I have been hanging around for awhile, former FXR , FLT shovelhead and FLH owner.
Here is my new Scoot, 2000 Harley FXD with only 710 miles.  I purchased it form a 83 year old gentleman. This bike The bike felt great so I took it for a ride through town, then the battery died. I was high and dry in  downtown Tacoma. I pushed this porken hog 2 miles the Dealer that's not in Tacoma but Fife. The parts guys hooked me up with tools and a battery. Back in the wind. Need to get a tool roll and add a 10mm and 9/16" wrench in it. Pulling the battery on the FXR was sure easier.
Needs new tires, Fresh fluids , different seat and bars
Thinking of adding some FXDX bags, or hepco becker / givi type. If all else fails studded leather jobs
This bike has the screamin eagle stage one airfilter backing plate. The breathers are routed into the intake. Should this be routed out to a filter or catch can. I have also ordered a 27094-88 needle in hopes of fixing a slight stumble.

02roadcling

Welcome from Bellingham. Yep, route the breathers to ground. After they are pulled from the backing plate they won't even drip.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

flying_finn

The carb needle fixed the stumble

Next on the list is to change the gearing
Motor sprocket from a 25t to a 24t and the trans pully from a32t to a 30t.

This should liven things up

Just Nick

Welcome Might as well go chain while you are there
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong