April 27, 2024, 04:32:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

'07 Softail Docking Kit, Sissy bar and Luggage Rack Help!!

Started by Velocity1, September 17, 2014, 02:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velocity1

To say the least, the MoCo parts and accessories catalog is confusing at best.  Bike is a '07 Softail Bobtail with the Tri-bar LED tail light.  I already have the 2 up seat that will work with the 56481-03 chrome Fender Rack as I'd like to have that on the bike whether I'm solo or riding 2-up.  Not sure if I need the 59320-07, ( that allows the use of the 56481-03 chrome Fender Rack?)..
Also need the proper docking kit part number that will allow removal of the sissy bar when riding solo.

Surely someone has has been in this situation and knows what I need.

Want to make an informed fool proof decision before i lay out the cash. I realize the final parts I'll need will be the sissy bar and back rest to suit my significant other's comfort.  I'm thinking the lowboy with a medium backrest that won't get too uncomfortable on longer rides.  I'm already looking into aftermarket 2 up seats that will make the ride even more comfortable.

Suggestions and recommendations greatly appreciated with part numbers for part combinations that are proven.  I want to do this once and get it right.

Thanks in advance for your help!

V1 :nix:
'02 FX"Custom"ST
Go Big, or Go Home...