May 04, 2024, 03:18:07 PM

News:

for john sachs-nhra ;pro stock bike

Started by taz95dog, March 15, 2009, 08:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taz95dog

March 15, 2009, 08:44:54 AM Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 11:14:05 AM by taz95dog
john was that your son at gainsville? in pro stock bike.let us know.he will have lots of fans from here...bill... :up:
home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

thunderalley3

It was on late here in Fla. last night due to tape delay it was on at 2am,,,,so I missed it. I see in this mornings paper it had John's son as dnq, stated mechanical, darn, he is a great rider, and makes lot's of power. I would have like to seen him make it. He runs well.

taz95dog

thanks , hope they'll have some photos...bill...

taz95dog

just checked nhra.com.   john jr.ran a 7.522 @171.29,but broke in qualifying(sp?)in round 3.pretty good for first race this year.hope he'll do well...bill...

jsachs1

A '80s customer has been trying to get a Pro-Stock M/C operation together,and offered my son a ride for the Gators.
Having no real seat time on the bike,and a non-working computer(can't manage a 3 stage clutch without a lot of guess work),my son gave it his best shot.Motor started going away on the 3rd round of qualifying.No spare 2 valve motor (Suzuki)   :embarrassed:
On a happy note,another old '80s customer,Hector Arana won P/SM  :up:
Long time friend Bobby Lagana's son did well,for a privateer,in T/F dragster.  :up:
Now my son needs to get his Pro Mod bike ready for next weekend season opener.Need to do some valve work(16) for it.  
John
Thanks for the interest.

Sc00ter

Quote from: jsachs1 on March 15, 2009, 04:16:14 PM
A '80s customer has been trying to get a Pro-Stock M/C operation together,and offered my son a ride for the Gators.
Having no real seat time on the bike,and a non-working computer(can't manage a 3 stage clutch without a lot of guess work),my son gave it his best shot.Motor started going away on the 3rd round of qualifying.No spare 2 valve motor (Suzuki)  
On a happy note,another old '80s customer,Hector Arana won P/SM  :up:
Long time friend Bobby Lagana's son did well,for a privateer,in T/F dragster.  :up:
Now my son needs to get his Pro Mod bike ready for next weekend season opener.Need to do some valve work(16) for it.  
John
Thanks for the interest.

It looked like the stars were aligned for Bobby Lagana in T/F dragster for awhile, didn't it?   :up:

jsachs1

Blowing the tires away WILL do it everytime.  :cry: Would have been great to see him in the final........
John  :wink:

JimB

Too bad Angelle a 3 time Champ & no sponsor,doesnt have a ride yet.

Whats with HDs PS V-Rod allowed to have 4 valves ?.....

jsachs1

Per NHRA,Harley applied in '06 to be 4 valve approved at a later date.
IMO,I think V&H is feeling out the class right now,and knowing the genius Byron is,we'll be seeing some astonishing times with these motors after a few more races.Maybe right after DSR starts running their new 4V Suzuki motors.
P/SM is a never ending money pit.Ain't like it was in the '80s.  :cry:
John