April 28, 2024, 04:56:22 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Handlebars or risers??

Started by shineyblue-oooh2, March 15, 2009, 09:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shineyblue-oooh2

My neighbor (female) has an 06 1200 low. She complains that she doesn't sit in a comfortable position for the handlebars. I suggested a reach seat, but she doesn't want to change seats, she has the Harley Sundowner now and likes it. She wants the bars closer to her, so I'm wondering what the best solution for this is. We were thinking about pullback risers and keeping the stock bars. I think the risers will get the bars back maybe 1 1/2", but not exactly sure. Any ideas?

Sportsterboy

Pullback risers would accomplish that, but be aware that it will ALSO change the angle that the speedo is sitting.  With the pullbacks, it will make the speedo nearly vertical in stead of current slanted orientation.  It makes it pretty hard to see in a vertical orientation.  Wife's FXD started out with pullback risers, then we switched out bars to HD mini apes and stock risers.

:wink:

shineyblue-oooh2

96FLSTF

Mini apes would be the answer in my humble opinion. They will sit her up straighter in the seat. I installed them on wifes 94 883 & 03 low rider. Later she got an 05 xl1200c and already with the pull back riser, we tried the "Easy Reach" bars. She didn't like them as much because the bars were actually wider. The mini apes really are not that tall and look good on a sporty using the shorter riser.

Gene

05 95" FLHRSI
96 FLSTF ("Street Stalker")

05RK1

Can you install mini apes on a 1200c without changing any lines,cables or wiring?

96FLSTF

I'm guessing NO. Just adding the "Easy Reach" bar on wife's 05 xl1200c I had to buy the 4" wire harness extension (2 of them), both carb cables, clutch cable, & longer brake line.

Gene
05 95" FLHRSI
96 FLSTF ("Street Stalker")

shineyblue-oooh2

I'll look at the mini apes, sounds like what I'm after. Thanks!!! -Warren