May 04, 2024, 11:22:04 PM

News:

Need a quick answer to a fitment question...

Started by stro1965, March 15, 2009, 04:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stro1965

Would a detachable passenger backrest assembly from an '07 Sportster 1200 Low fit my wifes new '09 1200 Low?  Found a brand new one, complete assembly, for $100.00 but I need to answer him quick.

RevJim708

stro1965,
I don't know much about Sportsters but today I made a set of 85 Softail  saddle bag supports fit my 02 Wideglide. I little drilling and taping and they look real nice. So with a little work you could probably get it to fix.
Just my thoughts
Rev Jim.............

road-dawgs1

Is it an accessory item with a pn#?  Most of the detachable backrests, sideplates, etc. state fit 04 and later XL so I believe it would.  Do you have a pn#?
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

blk-betty

Without a part number hard to be sure but I looked in my 09 P&A Catalog and all the sporty sideplates (what the backrest itself mounts to) say they will fit 2004-later XL models except some wont with the 1200N (Nighster I presume).  Oh course you need the detachable hardware too.
Mark  '12 Road Glide Custom
Coastal SC

stro1965

Thanks guys.  I don't have the part numbers.  I tend to agree that it should fit anything '04 and later but I don't know a lot about Sportsters yet.  And he does have the docking hardware for me.  FWIW, I don't really want a detachable one but the deal is too good to pass up.

road-dawgs1

Then go ahead and get it, it should fit as most fit 04 and later.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue