May 06, 2024, 12:09:58 AM

News:

Balancing wheels ?

Started by westbrs, March 15, 2009, 09:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truck

Quote from: tbird on March 19, 2009, 01:44:09 PM
I have a hard time getting them damn beads in tube tires. I have the applicator bottle and have tried the vibrator, still cannot successfully get them in a tube. How are you guys getting them in tube tires? Maybe I should try my old ladies vibrator???

I've been using a screwdriver handle to bang on the valve stem, but then I thought about my electric engraver, haven't used it yet but I'm thinking it will work better than the screwdriver.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

CraigArizona85248

Quote from: tbird on March 19, 2009, 01:44:09 PM
I have a hard time getting them damn beads in tube tires. I have the applicator bottle and have tried the vibrator, still cannot successfully get them in a tube. How are you guys getting them in tube tires? Maybe I should try my old ladies vibrator???

Make sure you don't try to install the beads in a tube that is fresh out of the box without inflating the tube first.  When it comes out of the box it's all packed tight and there is not space inside the tube for the beads to go.  Inflate the tube first, then remove the valve stem and let the air out.  This will leave enough of a void inside the tube for the beads.  Like Truck, I use something to tap on the valve stem as I pour the beads (very slowly) from the application bottle.  I use a 5/8" box end wrench to tap on the valve stem.

-Craig

sandrooney

The electric engraver works great for tube or tubeless, after tube and tire are on the rim air it up, then let the air out, then put in the beads.
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .