May 05, 2024, 04:42:46 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Balancing wheels ?

Started by westbrs, March 15, 2009, 09:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbrs

Do I need to take off the rotor and the sprocket when I balance my rear wheel ?

autoworker

It must be true,I read it on the internet.

Bruno-Katz Fokkerpilot

You don`t really need to balance the rear wheel at all, it`s the front one that is important.
If you do really wanna do it tho, it has to be balanced with all the associated attachments in situ i.e. the pulley and brake disc, cos if you balanced it without them, once you re-fitted them, it would no longer be in balance!!
Regardz, Bruno.
Peace...those brief moments in history when everyone stands around reloading....

sandrooney

Patience is such a waste of time .

dblbad107

I agree....DYNA BEADS work for me

wayne clev.

March 16, 2009, 06:55:30 AM #5 Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 07:00:51 AM by wayne clev.
  I also vote for dyna beads.

Jeffd

I have been thru about 8 rear tires on my present bike most have been mu85 dunlops with 2 metzlers thrown in and I always have them spin balanced on a snapon tire machine my buddy has and I can only think of one time that I needed any real balancing, most have taken less than 1/2 ounce and some zero.

96FLSTF

DYNA BEADS FOR ME TOO  :up:

Gene
05 95" FLHRSI
96 FLSTF ("Street Stalker")

truck

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

ST40

I'm working on a parts order now, was wondering where you guys get Dyna Beads.  Haven't spotted them in J&P or Jireh yet.    Thanks.      Marty           :beer:  Shouldn't have looked at the beer thread.    Getting thirsty!
Marty

Mi_RDGlide

You only need to be 10% smarter than the thing your working on.

ceduby

Just placed an order today. Never have tried them but most say they work as advertised.  :up:
Beat it to fit, paint it to match

tireater

They didn't work for me... :cry:...They say they magnify defects...Or just my bad luck again...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

Bruno-Katz Fokkerpilot

So woss these Dyna-bead thingys then? I got solid wheels so i have stick on weights.
Peace...those brief moments in history when everyone stands around reloading....

truck

Quote from: Bruno-Katz Fokkerpilot on March 18, 2009, 11:57:21 AM
So woss these Dyna-bead thingys then? I got solid wheels so i have stick on weights.

It's all here.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.html
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

ThumperDeuce

OK so I am going to give the Dyna Beads a try.  I keep throwing off the tape weights.  I hope these things work.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

biker4christ

ARE THEY RE-USEABLE DO YOU JUST REPLACE WITH EACH TIRE CHANGE?

ThumperDeuce

Site says that they are reusable.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

CraigArizona85248

Quote from: biker4christ on March 18, 2009, 04:21:21 PM
ARE THEY RE-USEABLE DO YOU JUST REPLACE WITH EACH TIRE CHANGE?

In my case I use tubes in my tires.  So as long as the tube doesn't show any pinch or chaffing damage I just move it, along with the dyna-beads over to my new tire.  If the tube is in need of replacement, I cut the tube open, put the beads back in the bottle I used to install them and then install them in the new tube.  If you have tubeless tires, when you break the bead loose and remove the tire, you can reach in and gather up the beads and then put them in your new tire.  Be careful with tubeless so you don't dump the beads out all over the floor.  They are tiny little buggers.

-Craig

verson22

Do you guys use synthetic dyna beads or the old ceramic ones?

CraigArizona85248

I'm old school... ceramic all the way.  None of they synthetic crap for me.   :hyst:

WVULTRA

:up:

Nothing but dyna beads!

:beer:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

Dennis The Menace

Anyone run these with Avon Venoms?  2oz, or more needed with Avons?

menace

tbird

I have a hard time getting them damn beads in tube tires. I have the applicator bottle and have tried the vibrator, still cannot successfully get them in a tube. How are you guys getting them in tube tires? Maybe I should try my old ladies vibrator???

dakota224

I like the NEW Polymer Dyna beads  :hyst: