May 05, 2024, 03:50:12 PM

News:

heel and toe shifter

Started by Wingnut, March 16, 2009, 04:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnut

Are the two shifters. the heel and the toe the same part?  They look identical.  The  only differance is that one has the #1 stamped on it and the other the #2.  One (don't know which one) is just mounted upside down.  06 flhx.  Didn't the shifter used to have a zerk fitting on it?  Whats up with that?
Never ride faster then your angel can fly.

road-dawgs1

Same exact part # for the both.  If you're talking about the zerk in the shaft to grease the shifter, the EVO's came with them.  I added one to my 08 Ultra.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

Mike52

Quote from: Wingnut on March 16, 2009, 04:21:41 PM
Are the two shifters. the heel and the toe the same part?  They look identical.     06 flhx.  Didn't the shifter used to have a zerk fitting on it? 

Yes, the heel & toe levers are the same part number on the '06 FLHX. The inner primary used to have a zerk fitting where the shifter shaft passed thru, but that was eliminated several years ago, it's an easy mod to make to your primary though.

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

Sonny S.

heel shifter gone, Zerk fitting installed in primary..... bike needs washed :crook:

nc-renegade

Quote from: Sonny S. on March 16, 2009, 05:12:25 PM
heel shifter gone, Zerk fitting installed in primary..... bike needs washed :crook:
LOL, looks clean to me!

I installed the grease fitting on my softail and also eliminated the heel shifter.  Sure is nice to have all that extra foot room on long trips.
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

RK101

The first things I did to my RK when I brought it home was to take that aluminum fender extension off the front fender and put one on there that didn't look like a beer can turned inside out, the next was can the heel shifter. Always been a toe shifter and I'm to old to change now. I also enjoy the extra room on the floor board. :up:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

Phu Cat

Back when I was ridin an FXRT, I could shift with my left heel while usin the highway pegs.  Once I bought an Ultra, the two shifters seemed normal.  I lke 'em.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Tsani

Love my heel - toe setup. Wouldn't be with out it.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

harleyjt

Quote from: Tsani on March 16, 2009, 06:16:20 PM
Love my heel - toe setup. Wouldn't be with out it.

Same here.  It's one of the features I've enjoyed most on my Ultra.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

willymax4

the heel shifter is about the only way i can find neutral. a little tap with my heel from first an it pops right in. if i try with my toe i almost always go thru neutral to second gear.
RIDE LIKE HELL AND YOU'LL PROBABLY WIND UP THERE