May 05, 2024, 05:14:59 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

enclosed motorcycle trailer

Started by 1, March 16, 2009, 05:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looking for a good quality enclosed motorcycle trailer(6x10 v-nose) from an honest  dealer/seller at a good price. Currently have an FLSTC and hope to have an Ultra or SG within a year.  Am temporarily located in central Florida about 20 miles off the Gulf. Will travel for the right price. Your help is appreciated as always. Thanks!

Clintster

Elkhart Indiana is were I went from Ohio.  I think some folks found great deals in Georgia.  The best place I found were the wholesalers, MSI is the one I used.  They are just a few miles away from the manufacturers.
Drive fast, take chances

Snuff™

I think I would go with at least 7'x12'.  This should give you room enough for some space between saddlebags and room to stuff some xtra chit. :idea:

-Snuff :beer: :beer:
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

dpd240

If you get one that size for an ultra, and it has a single axle and fender running lights, be mindful that the self tapping screws holding the running lights down might end up going into your tires.  This happened to me going from central fl to wisconsin.  Not enough for a flat but it created a new groove in both tires(my road gremlin bell worked through the floor!).  Had to take the screws out and replace with round headed bolts facing up.  It is a cargo mate trailer which i bought private and really like.  Don't rule out a  private seller.  Happy hunting....Cub

kickstart

Quote from: 1 on March 16, 2009, 05:39:16 PM
     Looking for a good quality enclosed motorcycle trailer(6x10 v-nose) from an honest  dealer/seller at a good price. Currently have an FLSTC and hope to have an Ultra or SG within a year.  Am temporarily located in central Florida about 20 miles off the Gulf. Will travel for the right price. Your help is appreciated as always. Thanks!
I bought one from Home Depot 10 years ago 6x12 with ramp rear door and side door.
Lowes also sells them.
Both offer 12 months no interest credit card financing.
Both offer to beat any price by 10%.
Get your best price from anyone, then play HD vs lowes.
I saved $500 off their sticker price.
I also carried 3 bikes in it. Dresser, heritage and Buell.
The best tie down system I have found is E-Track and D-Rings.
Go to a truck supply place for you e-track and D-Rings its waaaay cheaper than from a trailer dealer
Bolt them through the floor and frame members
It's not about gun control.
It's about CONTROL.

chengdave2003

Both Lowes and Home Depot also gives a 10% discount....
http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn60/chengdave2003/Harley%20Davidson/

garynj

take a look at http://trailershopper.com
                                               Gary

Appreciate the replies.
Saw an ad for Pace trailers in Ga. for $2240 for a 6x12 v-nose. Will call them tomorrow.
Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Bullwinkle

I see a lot of single axle trailers for bikes and they are cheaper, light and easy to tow.

But...

A little voice asks what might happen if there is a flat?  In that case, might it whip around?  Especially if towed with a short, light vehicle.  Maybe not so much with a LWB diesel truck.

At least might a tandem axle add a little safety margin to make it to a level, solid place off the road?  Particularly an interstate.  How many keep a spare for their single axle trailer?  Now, how many check the air pressure in the spare?  I'm not picking, I can't remember to, either.  Just belaboring the obvious.

Don't have any long distance experience with single axle trailers, just opening the floor for discussion.

Bullwinkle

kickstart

Quote from: 1 on March 17, 2009, 07:52:35 PM
Appreciate the replies.
Saw an ad for Pace trailers in Ga. for $2240 for a 6x12 v-nose. Will call them tomorrow.
Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Home Depot sells Pace also.
Make them beat that price by 10%
Gets you a 6x12 for $2k
AND free financing
just sayin
It's not about gun control.
It's about CONTROL.