May 07, 2024, 08:47:13 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1.5-2 bar tmap sensor?

Started by joe_lyons, November 12, 2014, 06:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe_lyons

I know that Bosch does not produce a 1.5-2 bar tmap sensor but I know that Harley changed their source for their tmap sensors to someone else and I can not remember who it is off the top of my head but I didnt know if someone knew of another company that produces the tmap sensors that bolt into place of the Bosch one.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Steve Cole

The 2015 CVO I just took apart has a Bosch T-map in it and its a week old. Bosch did change some of there manufacturing processes. Also Bosch makes T-map sensors all the way up to 4 bar.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

joe_lyons

Ok I thought that they went to a different manufacture.  I know that the sticker on the sensor is different and they changed something internally.  I dont want a 4 bar map sensor.  I asked about a 1.5-2 bar and the bosch website only lists 1 and then 2.5 and up.

http://www.bosch.com.au/car_parts/en/downloads/Map_Sensor_Technical_Specification.pdf

joe_lyons

The main thing that threw me off is that it says that the new one is made in Japan and the old one was made in Germany.  So no other company makes a sensor that bolts in the place that has the 1.5 to 2 range?

Steve Cole

The Bosch sensors cover any possible range you need,  from 1 - 4 bar, so I do not understand what you are trying to do. If you think your going to bolt one in and the ECM is going to work with it, your out of luck in that assumption. I wrote special code to run other Bosch sensors  about three years ago but there was little to no interest in it when we showed it. We made it work for both the ETC and cable bikes, so we covered both the Bosch T-map and the Delphi sensor.

joe_lyons

I remember seeing that.  Im surprised that not many people had interest in it.  I figured that procharger, aerocharger or a couple of the newer companies wouldn't want to tune the ecm rather than a piggy back setup or thundermax.  I was just thinking that the 2 bar would have less unused area than the 2.5 but if that is all that there is then so be it.

Steve Cole

When you combine all of them there is about 100 sales per year there, while I thought it would have been more, it is what it is. Needless to say if you donot have the code rewritten the sensor isn't going to do you any good anyways! It is not a simple calibration change and it works.

joe_lyons

Have you done 358 and 617 cals to be able to do this?

Steve Cole

Yep, both are done but I have not had the time to do final testing on them. They have been bench tested only at this point in time and it's not high on the priority list right now. We use it as fill in work only, unless a real customer comes to us with a commitment it will stay that way until we get the time to finish up. Just remember there is a ton of things that you never see or know how they work that must change, anytime you change a sensor! Not all sensors are linear to begin with and there range must be redone throughout the entire ECM, NOT just the little part you get to see. Then add into that the fact the software itself, doesnot know how to handle the new range in its calculations, as it's not been written to do so.