April 27, 2024, 02:08:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

oil leak at stater connection

Started by nutsforshovels, November 08, 2008, 11:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuts4shovels

Oil dribbles out of connector at bottom.  Have pushed in seems to fit, go for ride leaks again?

Some kind of sealer or what?  thanx

Nuts

Dennman

I've used the thinnest amount of black atv silicone on both the reg. & the  alt. connectors when assemblin.Ya might try pullin the ext. reg. connector, cleanin oil residue and then a THIN coat of silicone on the connecter sides.I run a clip ta hold my reg. connection in the cases.
Don't let the bastards get you down!

nuts4shovels

I have the clip on that holds the connection from coming out, reset it but not good enough i guess.  I am afraid of pulling on the connection from outside the case. I don't want to have to remove outer primary to replug the connection. I will try the ATF.  thanx

nuts

nuts4shovels

Dennman

If that doesn't solve the leak,make a note ta yourself ta atv the int. stator plug when ya do primary work.If the inside plug has been secured properly ya shouldn't have a problem extractin the reg. plug ,puttin atv on it and reconnectin.

nuts4shovels

My real concern was a possible pressure build up in primary forcing oil out.  Engine oil is isolated from primary. I have four other shovels and this has never happened before.

Nuts

nuts4shovels

All fixed=silicone.  sometimes you look past the problem ya know.

thanx guys

Nuts

Dennman

You shouldn't get a pressure buildup if you have your primary vented.