May 08, 2024, 01:48:25 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

thinking...square

Started by No Cents, November 20, 2014, 06:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo

Since R&R Cycles already makes a 131, a general conversation with them might give you some benefits, rod lengths, piston/ skirts etc. Maybe even purchasing some of their components for the build would save time and $$ in the long run (pistons already made etc). fwiw  Buffalo

clawdog60

Sounds like a helluva stump puller.
I'm somewhat surprised more big bore builders didn't throw they're thoughts in.
I know I wouldn't attempt this without Dahmer consultation.

No Cents

After not hearing back from my guy @ S&S...I e-mailed him again today.
His reply to my e-mail was: "call me Ray...I got good news for you finally".
I called him and told him I was wanting to build me an engine using the 4 3/8" bore T2 cases and I was originally thinking of doing a square motor...but was not locked into it.
He said not a problem...we now have the cylinders ready to go for 4 3/8" bore cases and I could use many different size stroke flywheels for the application I want to build. We discussed both the 4.375" and 4.500" flywheels. I did ask him about the 103 flywheels with longer rods and he told me he would just go ahead and put together some different combinations and e-mail them so I could decide on which way I thought would be the best way to go for my build. He informed me that going with this bore size that the lifter blocks need machined off some on the back side for clearance to compensate for the larger bore...or they now have the clearanced lifter blocks in stock too.
I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now.  [attach=0]

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

clawdog60

Planting seed for others.
Thanks!

No Cents

I think options are available now for their T2 cases...finally.  :up:
News like this makes a man like me smile...knowing the old barn will be getting some busy time in it very soon.
Now I just have to talk Durwood into loaning me my tool box keys back for a little while.  :wink:

Ray

CVOThunder

Way to go Ray, I'm diggin' the square mill as well. All info to store for a future build and you're setting the lead on this. Kudos!
Photons by the bag. Gravitons not  shipped outside the US.

groundhog143

Ray I'm starting to go through withdrawal come on give me something what's the skinny on your project :fish:

No Cents

It's on hold until I find out more info.

Ray

No Cents

I talked to TR (T-man Performance) on the phone today and we had an in-depth discussion about using the S&S 4 3/8" bore cases to build a motor. I seen where he posted a picture on Facebook of his new street billet heads that he will be offering in different bore and stud patterns. So I wanted to find out if these heads would be available for the 4 3/8" bore T2 cases.
I was shocked when he told me what he has already done in this area. He filled my brain up with so much info that I was on over load.
He went into detail of what he has done and what he is also working on. All this was told to me in confidence...but I will say this much...watch out for what TR releases in the near future.
You big block guys are going to love it.   :wink:

Ray

kd

Ray,

Are you getting one too?   :potstir:
KD

groundhog143

No Cents

just window shopping kd   :embarrassed:

kd

Ohhhhhhh,  :teeth:   I see    :smiled:  I understand   :wink:   :fish:
KD

groundhog143

Quote from: No Cents on January 06, 2015, 01:47:05 PM
just window shopping kd   :embarrassed:

Ray are you still thinking square :hyst:

No Cents

January 06, 2015, 03:11:27 PM #239 Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 03:16:56 PM by No Cents
nope...a stock 103 will be just fine.

added later:
until I pull it out and sit it on the ground.  :wink:

groundhog143

Sweet The Plot Thickens ... :party:

No Cents

:hyst:
now Randy...you know I'm just wanting a low compression 131" barn built motor set up in touring mode.  :doh:
...don't I?   :slap:
Nope...no way am I falling for that. [attach=0]

Ray

IronMike113

Hey Ray that is one HELLVA plan Ray..........  :oops:
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

No Cents

I'm sticking with the plan Mike.
I was just window shopping today looking for the possibility of finding a smaller head and throttle body combo so I wouldn't have to run the B3 heads and the 70mm T/Hog on a low compression 131" touring motor.
Mission accomplished...I think.  :wink:
The plan is starting to come together.

Ray

06roadglide

Is TR gonna release it at the expo?

No Cents

Just Nick

I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

Scooter_trash_1

I am Pro Freedom..Pro Second Amendment..

2006FXDCI

Sham Rock , I bet Ray will spill the beans if you update your avatar pic  :hyst: 
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"