May 06, 2024, 03:33:28 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Feedback ON Solo & Low Profine Seats

Started by Topend, March 18, 2009, 03:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topend

I am getting tired of looking at my HD Sundowner solo seat & thinking of putting a low profine solo seat or one of the low profile 2-up seats. The Sundowner solo seat seems to put me forward a bit to far & I like the looks of the low profile look. Is there such a thing as driver comfort on any of the low profile seats??  I am not worried about the passenger comfort because my wife does not want to ride anymore & I am solo 99% of the time. Anyone have any feedback on these seats?
Topend95
95 cu in, Andrews 37,  Supertrapp mufflers, 42mm Mikuni, SE/Heads, Crane 4HTC

sundog1258

I've had HD leather low profile seats on a couple of Road kings and they are comfortable for me. Don't know what bike we're talking about though.
Phil

blk-betty

People either hate them or love them but I LOVE my Crobin seats.  Have a Classic Solo on my FLHX and same on wife's FLSTN.  They sit lower so are naturally low-profile although Corbin does make a lower profile seat called the Hollywood Solo.  Seats are leather so don't make you butt sweat like the HD vinly seats.

Not familair with HD offerings and many of the aftermarket seats are either low profile and uncomfortable (ex. Le Pera Bare Bones) or not low profile but comfortable and sit you up higher (ex Mustang).

Yes Corbins are hard but 500 miles in the Corbin is about as comfortable as 50 miles with the stock HD seats for my rear.
Mark  '12 Road Glide Custom
Coastal SC

Dawgtired

I've got a Le Pera Bare Bones on my Shovel, my backside say's it's around a hundred mile seat, but i've only got a hundred mile bladder so no problem LOL.
Dawg.

seattledyna

the solo seats sure do look good, but the Lepera I had was definatly an "under 100" mile seat, I did push the limit one year and rode from Seattle to northern CA with that seat :dgust:...ugh, longest 1200 mile trip I ever took!

looks great though!!!

Topend

Hey thanks for the feedback. Forgot to mention my bike is a Road King.
Topend95
95 cu in, Andrews 37,  Supertrapp mufflers, 42mm Mikuni, SE/Heads, Crane 4HTC

HroadhogD1

I had an HD low profile seat on my RK before I traded it off, I guess I really had 3 low profile seats.  Comfort wasn't bad, but the quality was not good.  I finally had 1 of them recovered.  The HD seat leather lifted up from the seat pad on the rider part, nad the stitching wasn't very good either.  I think it was due to two different materials that were used to make the seat-leather, and vinal.

HDParrottHead

I gotta agree with blk-betty here.  The Corbin is the way to go.  First few miles are rough, but after you get it broken in you will love it.  Check out the pic of my bike.  Also what I like about the Corbin is you can't see the mounting hardware, it is all covered.

HDParrottHead

Forgot to add this.  :bf:

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]