April 27, 2024, 10:29:10 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Sert software.

Started by 03NhHarley, December 27, 2014, 11:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

03NhHarley

Ive decided to pull the thundermax off my bike and I will be using the factory Delphi comp and sert to get a real tune done. The bike is an 03 electra glide. I bought the sert cables from Harley today. I asked about the software and the parts guy said to go online and download it. Well it wants a number off the back, the only numbers there don't seem to do it. The numbers I have are on the saem tag as the barcode and the don't work. There is a white tag futher down but it has no numbers on it. Is there a disc I can buy or another place to find the software? Also I am going to need a start up tune to put into the bike if anyone has something.

Build is
Hillside 117
Stage IV heads
10.5:1 comp
S&S 585g cams
58/62 maxflow
5.3 Hpi Ijectors
custom Thunderheader

Just need a map to get it started, idling and running enough to get in on and off the trailer.

FSG

Quote from: BUBBIE on December 22, 2014, 01:13:42 PM
:idea:

Down-loading the program can be had by using ALL 1111111111 's if you don't have a Proper number off your tuner OR handy...

signed....BUBBIE

http://prosupertuner.harley-davidson.com/SuperTuner.aspx

03NhHarley

Thanks FSG got it downloaded now. Anyone have a file to get me started with?

7hogs

Why did you pull the Tmax and go with SERT? FYI Thunderheader killed my 117"

03NhHarley

Quote from: 7hogs on December 28, 2014, 09:48:46 AM
Why did you pull the Tmax and go with SERT? FYI Thunderheader killed my 117"

The only tuners in the area use sert. Thundermax was tuned by cycle solutions at bike week, and it was just that a bike week tune. My bike actually felt more fun to ride with the t-header and a 51mm hpi than it does with the Zilla and 58mm hpi. Im making a stainless stepped headpipe for the thunderheader muffler. Miss the sound to.

harleytuner

Hrmm, '03 bike, do you have the original SERT or the newer SEPST?  If the original SERT (9 pin connectors on both ends, not printer cable on one end) then you more than likely downloaded the wrong software. 

03NhHarley

December 29, 2014, 03:49:56 AM #6 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 03:52:17 AM by 03NhHarley
Quote from: harleytuner on December 28, 2014, 07:27:56 PM
Hrmm, '03 bike, do you have the original SERT or the newer SEPST?  If the original SERT (9 pin connectors on both ends, not printer cable on one end) then you more than likely downloaded the wrong software.

Im guessing it the org sert. 9 pin on one end then I smaller almost square connector on the other. Guessing that's the printer cable one? Its also black with a button.

I am taking it to get tuned. The tuner told me to make sure it will still flash the comp before I bring it to him. Guess he has had some problems with older ones that have been sitting around.

harleytuner

If you have the square one on one end it's the newer SEPST.  The SERT has a 9 pin on both sides, ones female and ones male.  If you bout it before 08 it's the SERT.  They replaced the SERT with the SEPST in '08

joe_lyons

One says SE Race Tuner and the newer one Says SE Pro Super Tuner.  Another way you can tell is the newer style has a red push button on the front and the older Race Tuner does not.  They require different softwares.   
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

joe_lyons

Quote from: 03NhHarley on December 29, 2014, 03:49:56 AM

Im guessing it the org sert. 9 pin on one end then I smaller almost square connector on the other. Guessing that's the printer cable one? Its also black with a button.

I am taking it to get tuned. The tuner told me to make sure it will still flash the comp before I bring it to him. Guess he has had some problems with older ones that have been sitting around.
Black with a push button means its the First Gen Super tuner.  It will ask for an update for the Tuner when you first hook it up.

harleytuner

Quote from: joe_lyons on December 29, 2014, 07:15:56 AM
Quote from: 03NhHarley on December 29, 2014, 03:49:56 AM

Black with a push button means its the First Gen Super tuner.  It will ask for an update for the Tuner when you first hook it up.

For the life of me I couldn't remember if the first Super Tuner had the button or not, for some reason I was thinking they had a limited run that didn't, because they didn't have Smarttune available in the beginning.  Man i'm getting old.  So many Dongles in the past 10 years, I can't keep them all straight untill I get one in my hands.

7hogs

If you want my build is close to yours just bit more compression I could send you my Tmax map for yours or better yet post your map and I will look at it. What part of the country to you live in?

Jim

117"
662-2 cam
MVA heads
58 HPI 5.3 injectors
CS M pipes with modded baffles
CCP is 210 at 1500 feet now live at 5400 feet

03NhHarley

Quote from: 7hogs on December 29, 2014, 10:12:52 AM
If you want my build is close to yours just bit more compression I could send you my Tmax map for yours or better yet post your map and I will look at it. What part of the country to you live in?

Jim

117"
662-2 cam
MVA heads
58 HPI 5.3 injectors

I have at tmax map. I need a sert map

7hogs

Quote from: 03NhHarley on December 29, 2014, 10:43:49 AM
Quote from: 7hogs on December 29, 2014, 10:12:52 AM

Jim

117"
662-2 cam
MVA heads
58 HPI 5.3 injectors

I have at tmax map. I need a sert map

What I'm getting at IMHO Tmax is a better choices with the auto tune. I have SERT on newer bikes

03NhHarley

joe_lyons

Yes it is a SE Pro super tuner.  You have the correct software. 

03NhHarley

Quote from: joe_lyons on December 29, 2014, 06:27:16 PM
Yes it is a SE Pro super tuner.  You have the correct software.

Sweet thanks guys.

harleytuner

Good deal. It just threw me off when you said your bike is an'03, and then when the download didn't take your serial number. I thought you might have the older sert.

03NhHarley

No worries I assumed it was older too. It came with the bike when I bought it. But I didn't get any cables or software to go with it. I'm actually getting it tuned by the shop that originally put the 95" kit in and the sespt. Its going back there for a 117" tune.