May 05, 2024, 02:30:52 PM

News:

Another rear footboard question

Started by jclark311, March 18, 2009, 06:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jclark311

I am pretty sure I have all the right parts, I have a 94 Heritage FLSTN, Attached is a pix of the parts, do I use the big swingarm bolt to bolt this bracket on? Or is there another bracket I am missing? Does anyone have a pix?

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd149/jclark311_photos/CIMG0372.jpg

hdbikedoc

I looked at picture and those brackets and boards are for an flt series bike ( flhx,flhr,flthc,fltr, etc)
have a look in any HD cataloge under softtail and you will see what you need sorry for the bad news Don
Keep your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked

jclark311

God dAmn, now I am pissed, the floorboards say they fit softail on the instructions, is it just the bracket that bolts to the frame thats wrong? or is the one that goes between the footboard and that frame bracket wrong also?

jclark311

You know what really pisses me off, I could have done this aftermarket cheap, but no, I want to keep the bike all Harley, they have ones that bolt right in the foot peg hole of the swingarm.

98flstc

98'

jclark311

I was looking at 50602-89B, but it says doesnt fit FLSTN, and thats what I have.

FSG

frydaddy96

jclark,  the correct bracket should bolt to the hole where the rear foot pegs were and there is a flat piece that projects forward to the axle bolt to keep the floorboard from rotating.  About the only thing you'll be able to re-use is the floorboard itself.  Not sure why it says it won't work on a flstn, your bikes swingarm area looks the same as my '96 flstc.

jclark311

You know what? I think you guys are right, I think 50602-89b, will work, the only reason it says it wont, is because of the exhaust system on the other side, but I am switching to V+H Longshots, and they go under the footpeg. I don't have a part number for the kit I, my wife bought me the floorboards, I bought the frame bracket and hardware from HD, and I got the intermediate bracket on EBAY for 25.00. I bought touring stuff, thinking my bike starts in FL, so it must be a touring bike, but mines an FLS, thats a Softail, all the Touring bikes are FLT.

road-dawgs1

'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

jclark311

road-dawgs1 that does help, You know what I am going to do, I will use the FLT intermediate mount, grind off the pin on the back, drill the hole a little bigger, put in a hardened allen bolt, and bolt it onto the swingarm footpeg hole, like the aftermarket ones do. The only down side, is that it look like Harley has went to a lot of trouble to make sure that the footboard bracket doesnt spin, so if I cant keep it tight enough, and it spins, I will buy the right mounting kit. Thanks for all the help guys!

FSG

jclark311

Fatboy Sir Garfield, the frame brackets are 50588-93, and 50589-93, the intermediate/T bracket is 52719-93, and the floorboards are 50404-05, Harley Old Style Footboards, they are Multifit, and I really like them, they are the reason I started this project. All of this is bolt on for an FLT frame, my frame is FLSTN. I got the footboards cheap on Craigslist, they were brand new, and sell for 149.00, I paid 40, the T brackets I got off EBAY for 25.00, all the hardware, and frame brackets I got from HD, for 100.00.

FSG