April 30, 2024, 03:17:37 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

shovel rebuild

Started by China twin 88, March 18, 2009, 10:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

China twin 88

I want to redo the whole enchilada....

I will be coming back to the states this summer to pick up some of my parts and to see some folks I met though this board..on of the things I would like to get is a complete gasket or seal set for everything shovel related. What I mean is all seals and gaskets needed/ and as it seems that it has to be sourced individually, and no one sells a complete kit..or do they?  Any suggestions or idea where I could just find one price all incl. gasket set...
LMMC/LAMF

stroker800

I believe James gaskets still makes a complete set,,I had redone my shovel and used one of their kits. It comes complete for nose cone and genny style stock motor.
Dave

MMOCGuy

China.

James does still make complete engine gasket sets.

J&P Cycles lists them as follows:

431-500 = OEM set # 17029-70A
431-482 = OEM set # 17028-48
431-481 = OEM set # 17026-79 & OEM #17026 -72

I didn't search any further but J&P does list all of their James gaskets in their on-lin catalog so you might want to look at it (If you can get it).

Hope this helps.

Norm.

Hillside Motorcycle

We use Cometic here, as we can only afford to do it one time.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

China twin 88

March 25, 2009, 02:30:33 AM #4 Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 02:33:10 AM by China shovel
thanks for the info... I will check both sources .....sorry for the late gracious but the computer died and it took me some time to figger it out...
LMMC/LAMF

NormL

I didn't know Cometic had anything close to a kit for shovelheads.  Plenty of good products though, steel/silicone bead and MFM (metal/ foam/ metal) gaskets.  I also found that suppliers seemed to be out of stock on some of those good gaskets.  I went with James.
Cracky
Swanton, Vermont