April 26, 2024, 03:52:08 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

why would this happen???

Started by tdgriff, January 07, 2015, 04:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdgriff

OK I have a 06 street glide . Kenwood excelon 798 BT 7.1 pros and BT 6×9s in lids and BT 4180 amp. When I try and faid it front or back it really does not do anything. What I mean by that if I faid it to the front the rear speakers cut out I faid it to the back and it does nothing at all. How could this happen? It make no sense at all.

AAWAV

weird... feels like all channels are connected together... did you try Left to right (balance)? does that work?
if you cannot make it work, send me the amp... it is crap anyway lol (aka I am jealous). I got a nice HK AVR347 here for you. bet it will go louder  :smilep: :smilep:
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

Kryingame

Hey man, I have a Sony HU.  There's an app which I downloaded onto my phone which allows me to fade the sound level from the front speakers vs. the rear 6x9's.  I'm not sure but maybe there's an app for your HU which does the same. 
To many mods to tell...

tdgriff

Quote from: AAWAV on January 07, 2015, 05:37:42 PM
weird... feels like all channels are connected together... did you try Left to right (balance)? does that work?
if you cannot make it work, send me the amp... it is crap anyway lol (aka I am jealous). I got a nice HK AVR347 here for you. bet it will go louder  :smilep: :smilep:
good to see you. Well that what I am thinking . I am going to pull the fairing off this weekend and make sure I have it right. I know I double checked it a few times before I hooked it all up. I mite get ahold of you on that amp just to see if its louder. PS be careful about talking crap about vendor stuff it can get you in trouble. Lol I hope that was not to soon.

tdgriff

January 07, 2015, 06:14:47 PM #4 Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:18:04 PM by tdgriff
I will try this again Still trying to get use to the new site set up.

tdgriff

Quote from: Kryingame on January 07, 2015, 05:42:46 PM
Hey man, I have a Sony HU.  There's an app which I downloaded onto my phone which allows me to fade the sound level from the front speakers vs. the rear 6x9's.  I'm not sure but maybe there's an app for your HU which does the same.
. I never though about that . I can give it a try. Thanks . God its good to see you guys . Feels like home already. I hope you all know what I went threw to make the switch to this forum. I had to goto every bar in town and drink all the can beer they had so I could cash in the can so I could donate some money here. I hope this is the last time this happens. That beer was so cold my hand is still frozen.

AAWAV

Griff. Ping me if you need help. With all the commotion today cannot recall if you got my email address or not. I will be bench testing amp this Saturday so no problem . Just gimme a call... once you got my cell no. Lol.
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

dirtracin23

Quote from: tdgriff on January 07, 2015, 04:22:20 PM
OK I have a 06 street glide . Kenwood excelon 798 BT 7.1 pros and BT 6×9s in lids and BT 4180 amp. When I try and faid it front or back it really does not do anything. What I mean by that if I faid it to the front the rear speakers cut out I faid it to the back and it does nothing at all. How could this happen? It make no sense at all.

The solutions to all your audio problems can be found here

:duel:  Sorry, I couldn't resist.   :teeth:
A cold beer, a hot woman, and a fast Harley
What else could a man possibly need?

Gannicus

Now that just ain't right dirtracin. . . I laughed so hard my side side is hurting!

juice1775

Quote from: Gannicus on January 07, 2015, 11:21:40 PM
Now that just ain't right dirtracin. . . I laughed so hard my side side is hurting!

:agree: Thanks all for the invite to this side.
Retired Navy Corpsman
2009 Black Denim FLHT/ stage 4/ Se 204/1.725 Rockers

tdgriff

Quote from: AAWAV on January 07, 2015, 08:18:46 PM
Griff. Ping me if you need help. With all the commotion today cannot recall if you got my email address or not. I will be bench testing amp this Saturday so no problem . Just gimme a call... once you got my cell no. Lol.
Thanks man Hell man your not kidding I think I got it I will have to look.

tdgriff

Quote from: dirtracin23 on January 07, 2015, 10:24:18 PM

that's good lol

z71_fourwheelin

That happened to me once with my x598.  I had plugged rear speakers into the sub RCA output on the head unit
Kw X598, SS 4.520, 4x MM651

tdgriff

Quote from: z71_fourwheelin on January 08, 2015, 05:38:58 AM
That happened to me once with my x598.  I had plugged rear speakers into the sub RCA output on the head unit
I checked that out first. Thanks

hdrolling

Quote from: dirtracin23 on January 07, 2015, 10:24:18 PM

Okay, that's funny!
2010 FLHX 120R, Tman 662-2,Boarzilla, S&S lifters, AV&V springs,10.8:1

hdrolling

My Sony does the same thing, thought I might have the wires mixed up somewhere but every time I would change them around it would work different so I just leave it on center.
2010 FLHX 120R, Tman 662-2,Boarzilla, S&S lifters, AV&V springs,10.8:1

tdgriff

Quote from: hdrolling on January 08, 2015, 04:20:41 PM
My Sony does the same thing, thought I might have the wires mixed up somewhere but every time I would change them around it would work different so I just leave it on center.
[/quote ] I am at that point now . The only thing I mite try is a different amp.