April 27, 2024, 09:52:14 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Better than stock headset?

Started by Durwood, January 08, 2015, 05:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durwood

First off, to all the new members of HTT, Welcome from Ky!

I am looking for a better headset for sound quality and durability that will work with the factory radio/CB, wired is fine but wireless would be better.

The left ear speaker on my HD version quit after only minimal usage.

I can say after 15 years in the sound reinforcement industry, part time vocalist, part time sound man, that audio is definitely a technical subject. Glad to see the new blood :up:

Daren

UltraNutZ

Damn Daren, you're going to get me chastised by my own clan over here already!!!   :emoGroan:

There are some products (not many) of J&M that I will recommend based on my own experiences with them. Their Elite series wired headsets are pretty incredible sounding headsets IMO not to mention the build quality is pretty impressive as well.  I don't know anything about their BT headsets from my own experience as nothing audio related on my bikes stayed stock long enough to fool with it.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

ElGiganteJake

As much as I hate to agree with UN on this (more so because I have to agree with him again then anything else), best headsets around are J&M.  I rode a wing for years (ducks and hides) and got many great miles out of them.
~Jake

Durwood

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 08, 2015, 05:56:43 AM
Damn Daren, you're going to get me chastised by my own clan over here already!!!   :emoGroan:

There are some products (not many) of J&M that I will recommend based on my own experiences with them. Their Elite series wired headsets are pretty incredible sounding headsets IMO not to mention the build quality is pretty impressive as well.  I don't know anything about their BT headsets from my own experience as nothing audio related on my bikes stayed stock long enough to fool with it.
These will plug right in the factory jack?

Coyote

Yes, just make sure you get the correct lower cord for your bike/year.

UltraNutZ

Quote from: Coyote on January 08, 2015, 06:34:39 AM
Yes, just make sure you get the correct lower cord for your bike/year.

:up:

Durwood

strokerjlk

Wood
Good topic for those of us that always wear a bucket.
I wasn't impressed with the J&M enough over the stock headset , to fork out the cash .
I tried them at mountain fest a few years ago . Maybe they have sompin a little better now .
I rarely ever switch my speakers on . So I just keep a extra factory set for back up .
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

Durwood

Quote from: strokerjlk on January 08, 2015, 07:30:26 AM
Wood
Good topic for those of us that always wear a bucket.
I wasn't impressed with the J&M enough over the stock headset , to fork out the cash .
I tried them at mountain fest a few years ago . Maybe they have sompin a little better now .
I rarely ever switch my speakers on . So I just keep a extra factory set for back up .
Both of my OEM's are having speaker issues, maybe I just need to see about having them repaired.

For all of the entrepreneurs out there, there is a market for Quality, helmet mounted audio, I personally wood like to see a wireless transmitter/receiver that plugs into the factory jack, and work with the stock handle bar controls.

dmrdn

You can get your best price here.  http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=382
I have dealt with them for years and are top notch.
Some of my friend use the IMC stuff.  Personally I do not like them.  The guys using IMC have issues hearing me on the CB and I have issues with hearing them.  They always tell me I have problems with my radio (they like to gang up on me because I buy quality not the cheapest thing I can find.)  I tell them funny that no one else but them and their cheap wanna be J&M has issues.  Which by the way is true.  I guess the IMC's are good if all you want to do is listen to music and not talk to anyone on the CB.

If you are leery about the IMC and go that route to try them out, Check their return policy.  You might want to call them and talk about returning  and swapping up if you are not happy with the IMC's

Coyote

More than sound quality, it has been my experience the JM headset is more durable than the HD one. I don't care for any of them for music listening though. Just comms.

strokerjlk

QuoteI guess the IMC's are good if all you want to do is listen to music and not talk to anyone on the CB.
Your not the first person I have heard say this .
I use my CB all the time . So that is important as well .
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

kd

KD

kd

I notice no one has felt the urge to respond to my aftermarket headset question. I thought because this section is for aftermarket electronics I would. I'll try again.  Has anyone used them or compared them to the factory stuff?
KD

UltraNutZ

well for the first link, there's a lot to be said for a f-ing website that starts playing someone's voice when you land on it.  That's about the most annoying thing I can think of and would be the reason I would not do business with them.

I (as well as others) raised hell with Pez (hogtunes) until he took those stupid voice recordings off his site unless someone actually clicks on them

the IMC I've played with and they're a far cry better than stock as for sound quality and the cables are nice if I remember correctly.  The long term quality I'm not sure about though.

rredneckn2

February 18, 2015, 06:04:28 PM #16 Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:07:09 PM by rredneckn2
Durwood Im gonna send U a new HD set to get u through
If you don't like what I say DONT read it

Durwood

Quote from: rredneckn2 on February 18, 2015, 06:04:28 PM
Durwood Im gonna send U a new HD set to get u through
Good to see you posting Rick :up: Sure would be nice to be hangin' in Florida with you, instead of here in the sub zero's  :teeth:

Coyote

Quote from: UltraNutZ on February 16, 2015, 01:21:57 PM
well for the first link, there's a lot to be said for a f-ing website that starts playing someone's voice when you land on it.  That's about the most annoying thing I can think of and would be the reason I would not do business with them.

I (as well as others) raised hell with Pez (hogtunes) until he took those stupid voice recordings off his site unless someone actually clicks on them

the IMC I've played with and they're a far cry better than stock as for sound quality and the cables are nice if I remember correctly.  The long term quality I'm not sure about though.

If you use FireFox for your browser then the extension called FlashBlock takes care of all of those auto run flash videos.  :up:   I found it when CNN started that crap.