April 26, 2024, 01:09:05 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Where do I cut the wires for input to the PBR300x2?

Started by FearNoEvil, January 08, 2015, 07:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearNoEvil

Almost done with my Biketronics 7.1 and RF PBR300x2 install.  I have a question though on where to cut the wires to run to the input of the AMP?  Do I cut off the wires near the speakers and run them back to the amp or is there somewhere else I am supposed to be doing it?

Then also when running the output wires, do you reconnect the original clips to the new wires running to the speakers and reuse those to hook up to the BT 7.1's? 

Thanks!
FearNoEvil

Gannicus

Near the speakers and to the amp if you are running high level inputs. . .

FearNoEvil

Sorry I am not an expert on the terminology but I believe I am using high level inputs?  The plan was to cut the wires from the stock headunit near the speaker, run it back to the PBR300x2 via the included adapter..  Not using RCA plugs so I think the answer to your question is 'yes'?

:)  Thanks  for the help.
FearNoEvil

Gannicus

Gunslingerglide

Alright I have to ask so I don't "f" things up.... Pretty much same question as above but I'm still a bit confused.

Here's the set up , 2010 street glide, stock HU, pbr 300x2 and kappas 62.11i....
With no preouts on the back of the HU, I understand I will have to cut off the inputs on the harness provided with the amp.  The connections will then be made between that harness and the stock speaker wiring once the original speaker terminal plugs have been cut off...correct? Once those connections are made am I going to have to purchase additional speaker wire to solder to the speaker wiring harness? The RF10 amp kit doesn't appear to have enough slack in it to make it from the amp to both speakers.

Sorry newbie here when it's comes to audio, thx

Modes

January 09, 2015, 03:56:09 AM #5 Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 08:54:59 AM by Modes
Quote from: Gunslingerglide on January 09, 2015, 02:31:06 AM
Alright I have to ask so I don't "f" things up.... Pretty much same question as above but I'm still a bit confused.

Here's the set up , 2010 street glide, stock HU, pbr 300x2 and kappas 62.11i....
With no preouts on the back of the HU, I understand I will have to cut off the inputs on the harness provided with the amp.  The connections will then be made between that harness and the stock speaker wiring once the original speaker terminal plugs have been cut off...correct? Once those connections are made am I going to have to purchase additional speaker wire to solder to the speaker wiring harness? The RF10 amp kit doesn't appear to have enough slack in it to make it from the amp to both speakers.

Correct, for High level inputs (using speaker outputs from HU NOT RCAs) cut the the stock speaker clips off or use spade connectors to mate to them (better to cut), attach those to the inputs on the amp (harness with gray and white wires for fronts) and you will have to cut the RCA end off the amp input harness in this instance to make the connection.  Cut the harness somewhere on the white and gray section (I like to leave some in the instance I need to splice them back together at some point if I needed to attach to an aftermarket HU). Output harness will connect directly to the new speaker like you state.  If you do not have enough wire then pick up some more 16AWG speaker wire locally.

Adam

Little Mike

Quote from: Modes on January 09, 2015, 03:56:09 AM
Quote from: Gunslingerglide on January 09, 2015, 02:31:06 AM

Correct, for High level inputs (using speaker outputs from HU NOT RCAs) cut the the stock speaker clips off or use spade connectors to mate to them (better to cut), attach those to the inputs on the amp (harness with gray and white wires for fronts) and you will have to cut the RCA end off the amp input harness in this instance to make the connection.  Cut the harness somewhere on the white and gray section ( like like to leave some in the instance I need to splice them back together at some point if I needed to attach to an aftermarket HU). Output harness will connect directly to the new speaker like you state.  If you do not have enough wire then pick up some more 16AWG speaker wire locally.

Adam

That is important. A realization I came to after I cut mine off too close to the "knot". I'm running the same set up, you're going to like it. Also, double check to make sure the db boost located on the tweeter is set where you want it before installing them....ask me how I know to do this, lol
I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

Gunslingerglide