April 27, 2024, 08:45:24 AM

News:

I'm almost afraid to ask, but....

Started by Hossamania, January 10, 2015, 12:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossamania

A friend of mine has an '08 Street Glide, wants better sound, but will probably only change speakers. I know he needs more, but....
So, which speakers could I recommend to him, knowing he'll turn them up to distortion levels without enough power.
I know, I know, it's like asking which cam to use and I don't want to pay for a tune, but my hands are tied on this one for now.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

FearNoEvil

I think the experts will suggest the Infinity Kappa 62.11i's..   They will sound better than stock..  but it won't be enough power to really make them sound great.  How do I know?  I put a set in my rear speaker pods without an amp (Front is amp'd) and they just sound flat next to the amp'd speakers (Obviously!)..  But anyways, I think replacing the stock ones with the Infinity speakers would help somewhat.
FearNoEvil

Hossamania

Thanks, I will pass it along. Maybe I can talk him into an amp at the same time.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

UltraNutZ

:agree:

2 ohm for stock head unit application.  He'll need adapter rings for the fairing as well.  I use nothing but arc audio rings but there are others out there
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Little Mike

The additional upside to recommending the Kappas. On top of the fact that even without the amp they will sound better than stock is that once he realizes he either wants, needs, or can afford an amp he will already have a very decent set of speakers in place.
I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'