Started by ALUCARD19, January 11, 2015, 06:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALUCARD19

On the HUA360 I need to hook up 4 wires,
1) yellow battery
2) red ignition +12V
3) black ground
4) blue/yellow stripe

Here is where I get confused the 23 pin connector plug in the fairing plugs into the back of the HUA360,that is the easy part.
Are the 4 above listed connections coming out of the HUA360 feeding my head unit (Kenwood KDC-X798) power (ie the 23 pin connector) going into the HUA360 power going in.
Please advise as I am trying to pre-wire things ahead of time.
"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

z71_fourwheelin

Kw X598, SS 4.520, 4x MM651

UltraNutZ

Yes sir thats what feeds power and ground as well as yellow/blue being your steering wheel control wire
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

ALUCARD19

OK thanks guys I just wanted to know for sure before I start to wire things up.
         AMA Life Member #35524

ALUCARD19

UltraNutz what happens with the 35 pin connector from the back of the stock radio when I use an after market HU, do I just leave it hanging there since I am going to run new speaker wires to all 4 speakers coming off of my amp or do I need to splice into some of these wires?
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

January 12, 2015, 02:40:54 AM #5 Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:34:26 AM by UltraNutZ
 :up:   none of the wiring on the 35 pin connector is needed for anything since you're running your own speaker wires back to the rear pods. 
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

tdgriff

have the same HU you are going to love it when you are done. I ran the rear usb up to my fairing bags just notched out the inner fairing a bit . That thing can be a beast to dial in it has so many settings its crazy.

ALUCARD19

Quote from: tdgriff on January 12, 2015, 06:53:18 PM
have the same HU you are going to love it when you are done. I ran the rear usb up to my fairing bags just notched out the inner fairing a bit . That thing can be a beast to dial in it has so many settings its crazy.

I know I have been reading the instructions for 3 days now and I'm still confused.
I can't wait to get it all installed once I get my bike back from the shop.
         AMA Life Member #35524

tdgriff

Quote from: ALUCARD19 on January 13, 2015, 10:01:05 AM
Quote from: tdgriff on January 12, 2015, 06:53:18 PM

I know I have been reading the instructions for 3 days now and I'm still confused.
I can't wait to get it all installed once I get my bike back from the shop.
I have had it for about a year and still don't get it it all. no matter what I change it all sounds the same