May 06, 2024, 01:38:45 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Help with HD garage door opener please

Started by hunter, March 19, 2009, 05:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter

I'm in full meltdown.

I had the tank loose and slightly lifted working on my headlight relay lines.  I the splice job the dealer did on the installation on delivery is lousy with little room.  While there I noticed the orange wire coming forward from the door opener circuitry is connected to...NOTHING!  I get that the white and yellow lines are spliced in to provide a signal from the hi/lo switch going to the headlights to the door opener that triggers the transmitter but what does the orange wire do.

The fact is, the garage door opener receiver has been broken forever and I've gotten used to carrying my quite small remote in a pocket so the garage door transmitter on the bike is coming out and I need the underseat space for the relays.  I'll likely cut the yellow/white wires going to it and shrink wrap them and pretend it never happened.

Still, I'm concerned about what the orange wire did and what it plugs into............

hunter

Upon further inspection of the transmitter circuit board, it appears to be the 12+ volt power source but why did it get routed all the way forward to almost the  steering head?  Did the source the 12+ volts from the ignition circuit so the board wouldn't be constantly powered?

If the spade on the end has fallen out of someplace is it going to effect anything else?  I wouldn't think so but I've seen more stupid rigging.

specialx1

March 19, 2009, 06:15:16 PM #2 Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:17:32 PM by specialx1
hook it back up to corresponding color , should work just fine, if it has spade terminal on it now, i,m sure a wire in your harness has the mating one there to plug it back into, and if ya havent done it you just have to set code to use it,it is just power source, you can hook it damn near anywhere to same color and it will work fine,usually is set up to operate only when switch is in on position , not acc position,
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

Deye76

After it's installed and working, has anyone had a problem with the transmitters in their car?
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP