Previous topic - Next topic

SF Doc

Hi Guys,
    gathering all my gear for install
Fosgate PBR 300x2
Infiniti 62.11i (fairing)
HU HD1BT
8 guage kit for amp to battery / ground
and all the connecters / shrink etc.....

The question is what gauge speaker wire / type will give the best performance  :speaker: ???  :scratch:
I know its a newbie question, but unfortunately my OCD gets the best of me sometimes

Thanks for any and all input

Doc
"Doc"

slothy

2015 RGS 30" 107/ss570 cams/HPI 58mm/WFOLarry stage 2+ / trask turbo

Gannicus

SF Doc

Thanks guys, your advice is greatly appreciated

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Doc
"Doc"

FearNoEvil

To piggyback on the OP's thread.  When I extended some of my wiring inside my fairing to my amp I used thicker gauge wire to connect to the thinner harley stock wiring.  I assume that's fine?  It was only about 12 inches of wiring so not a lot.
FearNoEvil

UltraNutZ

Quote from: FearNoEvil on January 19, 2015, 12:26:57 PM
To piggyback on the OP's thread.  When I extended some of my wiring inside my fairing to my amp I used thicker gauge wire to connect to the thinner harley stock wiring.  I assume that's fine?  It was only about 12 inches of wiring so not a lot.

nothing to worry about there.. we're not talking studio quality sound on this bikes.  If I'm wiring an entire setup, I'll use 16ga throughout, if not then the stock wiring gets used.  It heavier stranded wire so it's likely just as good as most 16ga counterparts IMO.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

SF Doc

January 19, 2015, 03:57:59 PM #7 Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:24:44 PM by SF Doc
Thanks Nutz, just waiting on my 62.11i's and then the install begins....
"Doc"