April 28, 2024, 04:14:08 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Test: PPI Phantom 4.900 4-channel Class D amp (900W claimed)

Started by AAWAV, January 16, 2015, 02:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAWAV

Sponsered by Haze324 - thanks bud (amp on its way back to you as well as your "faulty" RZ4; nothing wrong with it, I had it blasting for 20+ minutes with no issues).

the results are in:

details in the PDF, here the highlights:

Bike Running and revving a little bit:
~220Watts RMS at 2 ohm (Vac ~21V)
~125Watts RMS at 4 ohm (Vac ~22.4V)

FM: this unit I tested did NOT lose any stations (tested with stock HD antenna)
Not running hot on temp!

THIS IS A BEAST - Now I know my JBL P963 6x9 need POWER to get even better... this amp WILL blow up "any" 6.5" speaker, like my Polks so be careful... turn the gains down if running 1 on each channel...
Sound: "neutral" on lower volumes, not enough low/low mid at high volume when running flat EQ. simple adjustment on HU or on the extensive options on the amp itself (LPF/HPF/BPF options available).
For a mere 210 bucks you get PLENTY of power.
DOES NOT FIT IN FAIRING - PERIOD (yeah yeah: i had to try...). luckily for Haze, otherwise I would have kept is and buy a new one for him....

note: I ran over 10AWG power line with 25A fuse - no problem...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73oi8stsazl0pmw/Test%20PPI%20Phantom%204.900%20900W%204-channel%20amp.pdf?dl=0
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

speedzter

Not sure your power into 4 ohm is correct.
15.8v into 4 ohms ~= 62W
It's interesting that it developed more voltage into 2 ohms than into 4 .

AAWAV

correction - my bad....

~22.4 Vac for 4 ohm.

corrected original post as well.... that's what you get when you are excited to get the news out...

GoatHD

I have the TN.900 running my rear pods and lids (Kicker CS67/BT 6x9s).  HU Sony MEX-70BT.  With the many settings between the HU and amp, I don't think I have the settings right yet.  Any recommendations on setting up the TN.900 or HU?  The rest of the system is BT 4180 running 7.1s in fairing and 6.5s in the lowers.

P.S.  Good to see the reunion of everyone from the other site. 

AAWAV

Quote from: GoatHD on January 20, 2015, 06:22:15 PM
I have the TN.900 running my rear pods and lids (Kicker CS67/BT 6x9s).  HU Sony MEX-70BT.  With the many settings between the HU and amp, I don't think I have the settings right yet.  Any recommendations on setting up the TN.900 or HU?  The rest of the system is BT 4180 running 7.1s in fairing and 6.5s in the lowers.

P.S.  Good to see the reunion of everyone from the other site.

Geez - you got A LOT of RMS watts.
not sure but kickers are 4 ohm I believe - BT's are... so that's proven 150W x 4.
front is 180 at 4 ohm proven so 180 x 4.
total, when dialing in right,1300+ Watt RMS.... pfffff

Really hard to point you out what is wrong. start with PPI to set both front and rear channels to AP, go from there...
if you think they are overpowering or underpowered, play with the gains. DDM method is probably the easiest or just use your ears until front of the bike and rear are in balance to your likings...