April 27, 2024, 08:56:08 PM

News:

SOUND BARS

Started by IronMike113, January 18, 2015, 06:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMike113

January 18, 2015, 06:09:12 AM Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:26:23 AM by IRONMIKE113
Looking for Idea's, got a new Tv and lookin for a new sound,I have a Receiver (Yamaha) and some Klipsch quartet speakers and a 12" powered sub,And all the wires,I'm thinking about stream lining the system if there is such a thing,it sounds great,But trying to simplify the set up,so I have been thinking about two floor speakers or the Sound Bar idea,and not spend a Boat load at this time,And still have a good sound system.

Room size is about 12x15
We don't do games
We listen to music loud in the summer time
We watch Tv (winter time) movies,Now we can get Netflix with new Tv
Or just hook up what I have and deal with all the wires
not sure about the wireless Items (Sub) does it sound good or have the punch

I Scored some SM 152 Infinity speaker,that I'm checking on to get refurbished but I think these will be way to Big in the House(ole Lady might Bi#%h about size  :speaker: :speaker:

Also have a set of pioneer CS-D9000 speaker that might fit for size from the mid 80's
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

mrmike

I treated myself to a new TV about a month and a half ago, I bought a 50" Vizio Ultra 4hd, the price was right. Since I was spending money on myself I also bought the Vizio sound bar it's model S33820w-CO. It only cost $90 so I figured what the hell.

Hookup was super easy, optical sound wire from the TV into the bar and plug it in, sound is very nice and it's also bluetooth capable so I actually play music from my playlists on my iPhone on it as well.

Comes with a remote and every type of cable you may need to hook it up, there's also an output on it if you want to run a sub-woofer.

If your looking for simple it doesn't get any easier than this and if your an audiophile there are more expensive units out there as well that I'm sure are much better but my room is 15X15 and this one does the trick very nicely.

Mike
I'm not leaving til I have a good time

IronMike113

Well the Blue tooth would be great also,And I have a Sub,so we are going for a ride to the store and I Just might come home with something,So I can have Hooked up for the football game this afternoon.........  :speaker:

I hope they can do some Demo's
I want it to sound Rich and full and not full of  :turd:            Thanks Mike

ultra200922

I bought a Bose Cinemate 15 about a month ago for about $575. It is a clean simple system with great sound.
You only live once, but if you do it right once is enough.

Brew61

One year ago I bought 2 60" Smart TV's , One for the living room and one for the family room. I put the Sumsung in the living room and hooked it up to my surround sound system that I already had. But even with the surround system off the Samsung has good sound.

Now the Sharp TV I put in the family room does not have very good sound. So a few weeks back I went out and bought the Vizio Sound Bar from Costco on sale. It comes with a wireless sub and Bluetooth. Now my daughters can play their music off their phones on it and it has great sound. Made a huge difference at a cheap price.

Bruce
2004 Road King, 110 with S&S 585 Easy Start Cams,HPI 55 mm Thr

UltraNutZ

+1 on the Vizio soundbar and wireless sub.  Course it's not a studio quality setup but it does sound pretty damn good.  The best sounding soundbar/wireless sub combo I've heard to date is a boston acoustics I listened to over at Fry's Electronics some 5 or so months ago.  I just wasn't prepared to fork over $1300 for a sound bar.  The Vizio soundbars are getting very high ratings everywhere you research.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

gordonr

I just put in a sound bar made by Atlantic Technologies (FS 7.1) with a Yamaha receiver I already had two days ago. I went on recommend from a supplier of mine. He claims using an external amp will sound better than the self powered for the money. I'm still playing with the settings but it does sound nice, cranks and I didn't have to tear up my family room as I did in my last house for a 7.1 system.
"If was easy everyone would do it"

Low Down

IM113... Did ya score something at the store??

IronMike113

Oh yes I ended up buying some thing I was not going to do,But anyways I Ended up with the Bose 130 Cinemax system,I did try out the other sound Bars and systems,And the only other one would have been a Sonos,but I went with the Bose,it sounded better than the other systems
And I had Ole lady with,so I had someone else Listen to it also and she agreed that was the one we need to get,,,,,, SO AWAY WE WENT........  :speaker:       Thanks for all the Input