April 28, 2024, 04:45:11 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Mounting PBR300x2?

Started by SF Doc, January 19, 2015, 08:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SF Doc

You guys are going to get tired of me before this install is finished. :emoGroan:

Is is ok to mount a PBR300x2 directly on top of my HU ( Jensen HD1BT) velcro and zip ties ?  I have the hog tunes bracket but have ordered lowers and plan to use it for a second PBR300x2 to power the lowers? I will be running 62.11i's in fairing and lowers.

I promise to leave you guys alone after the install...... well maybe for a day or two :up: :up:

Thanks
"Doc"

Little Mike

No worries, that's why this section exists. You shouldn't have any problems that I'm aware of. Pick up some industrial strength velcro and the zip ties become insurance. That stuff is great. Being as you're installing in a batwing fairing just make sure you get the amp pushed as far in toward the gauges as you can. Some guys who haven't pushed it far enough back have run into issues getting the outer fairing back on.
I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

SF Doc

Thanks Mike, greatly appreciated!
"Doc"

UltraNutZ

Quote from: SF Doc on January 19, 2015, 08:37:32 PM
You guys are going to get tired of me before this install is finished. :emoGroan:

Is is ok to mount a PBR300x2 directly on top of my HU ( Jensen HD1BT) velcro and zip ties ?  I have the hog tunes bracket but have ordered lowers and plan to use it for a second PBR300x2 to power the lowers? I will be running 62.11i's in fairing and lowers.

I promise to leave you guys alone after the install...... well maybe for a day or two :up: :up:

Thanks

been doing it for years.  no issues whatsoever.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons