April 27, 2024, 11:00:31 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Aquatic AV has a 4/3/2 channel Waterproof amp

Started by vhmike73, January 21, 2015, 07:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vhmike73

http://www.aquaticav.com/marine-audio-visual-products/marine-amplifiers/aq-ad600-4-amplifier-4-channel/

So this is a new addition to the Aquatic AV site; no sales information is available on it yet. There's also no video of it running while water pours over it, but it's claimed to be IP-66 rated. It's listed as being 2 and 4 Ohm stable, 400W (4X100W) into 4 ohms, 600W (4X150W) into 2 ohms, so it's claiming some decent power.

The amp physically measures 2.11"H x 6.06"W x 7.87"L. You'll probably HAVE to cut into your gauge cups for it to fit (bearing in mind this is also about 5/8" taller than other amps), but it's actually narrower than an RF PBR300X2's length, and I know there's folks running two  RF's side by side in the fairing. The BT4180 is about an inch shallower than this amp (5"W), whereas the PA and SS amps are both 4.75"W. I know on MY install, the RZ4.2000D fits just fine on top of the radio WITHOUT modifying my gauge cups. Fitting between the fairing supports wouldn't be an issue: the AQ AD600.4 is about 3/4" longer than a BT4180, and we know the BT4180 fits on top of the stock HK nicely. The AQ AD600.4 is shorter than the RZ4.2000D/PN4.520D, and those amps fit fine between the fairing supports.

The only pictures available are just the one of the top of the case that you can see on that site, so I'm assuming the connectors are on the ends like every other amp (except the BTs). Sounds like it could be a solid choice on a bike, as it claims it's built for "wet, dusty or harsh environments"...or inside the batwing! Now we need one to appear in real life and have AAWAV test the power numbers!!

Gannicus

This appears to be a nice amp for the guys that want to keep their FM radio. Their "Shockwave Technology" claims it reduces electromagnetic interference although it's a class D amp.  Going to be interesting to see what price point they come in at. That will be the tale of the tape. Otherwise looks to be a solid marine rated amp with good specs. AAWAV you might want to leave your fairing off a little while longer brother. . .lol

AAWAV

Man... STOP IT Lol....
I was planning on buttoning the bike up, but Bill is sending the BT2180 to test as well - he wants me to take a look at it after the 4180 test (still to be  released, as well as the RF T400x2 AD one - sorry back log here).

'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

UltraNutZ

just about all products from Aquatic are either IP65 or IP66 rated.  They are afterall in the marine audio business.   :potstir:
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

AAWAV

specs say 400W@4ohm/600W@2ohm MAX
that's NOT RMS IMHO...
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic