Flash drive with stock Harley head unit

Started by bteski, January 22, 2015, 07:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bteski

Hi I have a 2012 FLHTK with the stock head unit, I am looking @ adding the Ipod interface from Iron Cross but I am curious about using a flash drive, on my other bike a 2001 FXDWG I have a cycle sounds rock box that I plug my flash drive & plug my Ipod into.
Not great sound but functional for my hotrod.
Before I bought this FLHTK I rented a FLHTK 2014 for a weekend trip & the door with the usb cable was great I plugged in both the Ipod then one of my flash drives.
Is there an easy way to connect a flash drive to the stock head unit.
I know I can change out the head unit for one with many more functions but don't want to do that right now.
Thx Bob
My friend says having a fast Harley is like being the smartest kid in summer sch

UltraNutZ

you can pull your HU out and send to ICA and have them install a USB input on the back of the HU

what about BT instead of flash drive?  if you're good with BT connectivity then Coyote might chime in here
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

bteski

I might send the head unit to Iron Cross to add blue tooth but it won't do the phone. The convenience of a flash drive is hard to beat for Me so if they can add a usb cable that would be a plus. I have been making my list of questions for Iron cross but haven't got that far yet. I also have the Harley Zumo 665 so I have to figure out how it ties in with everything & what functions it has I can utilize. It's a shame with the technology available that Harley didn't use a better system to start with.
Cheers Bob

My friend says having a fast Harley is like being the smartest kid in summer sch