April 28, 2024, 05:19:29 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

speaker adapter ??

Started by harleytuner, January 22, 2015, 12:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleytuner

I'm installing a set of Kappa 62.11's, PN2.350D and I already have the Jensen plug and play HU in the bike.  My ? is about the adapter rings for the speakers.  I got a set of Hawg Wired rings, it appears that I don't use the stock fairing bracket anymore (batwing bike) or am I missing something?

Gannicus

The stock Harley fairing bracket is still used with the adapters.  The brackets connect to the inboard screws closest to the radio on the adapter.

harleytuner

Must be getting old but i'm not sure we're talking about the same thing?  This bracket, the silver one.  It used to mount to the lower outer speaker screw.

rbferg

January 22, 2015, 02:33:36 PM #3 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:05:41 PM by rbferg
If memory serves correctly, I don't believe the HW adapter rings will work with the silver horizontal fairing brace (poor design). The mounting hole for the brace is in the wrong place. HW makes a adapter brace, but I would suggest that you get a set of Arc Audio adapter rings and be done with it.

http://hawg-wired.com/product_info.php/cPath/2/pPath/204

harleytuner

Quote from: rbferg on January 22, 2015, 02:33:36 PM
If memory serves correctly, I don't believe the HW adapter rings will work with the silver horizontal fairing brace (poor design). The mounting hole for the brace is in the wrong place. HW makes a adapter brace, but I would suggest that you get a set of Arc Audio adapter rings and be done with it.

http://hawg-wired.com/product_info.php/cPath/2/pPath/204

Thanks for the link, I may just pick up a set of those since I can get Hawg Wired wholesale.  If they don't work i'll get the Arc adapters.

Gannicus

Quote from: harleytuner on January 22, 2015, 02:00:52 PM
Must be getting old but i'm not sure we're talking about the same thing?  This bracket, the silver one.  It used to mount to the lower outer speaker screw.

My Bad Tuner. .  I'm the one who's getting old. You're right. It's the outer speaker screw. Dyslexia might be setting in. . . lol