April 27, 2024, 02:19:59 PM

News:

Scorpio SR-i800 alarm

Started by Low Down, January 22, 2015, 04:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low Down

I put this on my Road King yesterday (would have been last week... I'll explain later).  The fit and function of this alarm is exceptional!  Great customer service as well.  This one is the system with the fob, no pager.  The only hiccup involved was the 'plug and play' harness that I ordered initially was not the correct one I needed, although the Scorpio site stated it was... so I ended up waiting a while for the correct one to hit my doorstep.  At no charge to me BTW.  The install is stupid simple with the harness.  Otherwise you end up with scotch lock connectors that tap into the wires needed to run the alarm.  I added the perimeter sensor, and holy hell is it sensitive!  Had to ramp it down a bit so the siren wouldn't start squawkin' when someone walked within 3 feet of where the bike is.

Overall I give this system  :up: :up:.  It's gotta be a chit ton cheaper then the OEM security system too.  Just throwin' this out here if anyone is considering adding an alarm because they don't already have one installed.  I just wanted a bit more peace of mind having the audio kit on the bike in the near future... maybe I'll even get a reduced rate on my insurance too... lol.

:wink:

UltraNutZ

probably won't leave you stranded on the side of the road either not knowing how to disable your OEM security system with the handlebar controls.   :up:
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Low Down

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 22, 2015, 04:55:15 PM
probably won't leave you stranded on the side of the road either not knowing how to disable your OEM security system with the handlebar controls.   :up:

Exactly, lol.   :bike:

This does have an override you can program to it (using the turn signal switches) if the fob gets lost or the battery takes a dump.