May 05, 2024, 03:46:48 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Adding A Faring

Started by 96FLSTF, March 20, 2009, 05:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

96FLSTF

I have been kicking around the idea of retrofitting / adding a Street Glide type Faring to the front end of my 05 Road King Custom. Anyone ever done that or know if there would be allot to the job?

Gene
05 95" FLHRSI
96 FLSTF ("Street Stalker")

88b

rking1550

I have the dragonfly fairing on my 01 roadking, looks god not a hard job to do at all. has the radio, goes on and off using the windshield mounts. a real nice set up. :up:
124"@ 11.1 to 1, T-man 662-2, T-man thumper, woods CV 51 carb,  Bassini RR

Gas Can

I have one of Woody's Fairings on a Heritage.  It works great  :smiled:

TooLow

if your just looking for the batwing fairing and not concerned with having a dash or guages you may want to check out the Memphis Shades batwing fairing.  can be bought with its own clip on-off plates and mounting washers, and different height shields.  Can be installed in probably 1/2 hr. by just unbolting the factory sideplates and changing out the rubber washer mounts to the new onew, bolt back on the side plates and cilp on the fairing much the same as the stock windshield.  I just got one but no pics, I am doing some other work to the bike at this time so it may be a few days till I have it back together.  Got mine on Ebay from a place here in Zigglersville  PA   [americanclassicscycles] Sorry not real sure of the name fairing-mounts and windshield delivered to my door for $329.     TooLow.

Topend

Woody's batwing looks good but like TooLow I purchased a Memphis Shades fairing about a month ago & for the $$$ it's a good bang for the buck. My bike will be down for the count for awhile because I am doing some changes also so no pictures either for awhile.
Topend95
95 cu in, Andrews 37,  Supertrapp mufflers, 42mm Mikuni, SE/Heads, Crane 4HTC