BT2180 amp vs ARC 125.2 amp Comparison

Started by MBrown, January 23, 2015, 01:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBrown

Anyone ever tested or had experience comparing the BT2180 and the arc ks125.2 amps? By reading the specs looks like the BT2180 would be the way to go.

AAWAV

getting BT2180 in this weekend for bench test.
I have not had the ARC on the bench, so cannot speak to that one.
BT4180 was "impressive" - results will be posted once I had to opp. to look at the 2180 as well...
once that one is done, a new thread will be posted with 5 tests (different amps). if I can pull it off, 6 (my RZ4-2000 included, tested again)
that should give you a good impression of what's out there (other amps are there as well, but the ones I tested are the "most commonly used ones).
RFPBR300x2 is not in the set - it is used a lot, but knowing RF, specs are "dead" on or over (T400x2 AD test result will reveal that)...
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

hdrolling

Before I put my BT 4180 in I was using a J&M 250, I think its the same as the Ark 125 just renamed by J&M. It was rated at 125 RMS at 2ohms and like 70 at 4 ohms I believe?
I was going to originally run 4 speakers of the BT 4180 and run two off the J&M but it didn't sound good at all and I ended up just going with all Biketronics.

If you can flip it I would highly recommend going with the BT amp, IMHO.
2010 FLHX 120R, Tman 662-2,Boarzilla, S&S lifters, AV&V springs,10.8:1

4nic8

All JM amps are Arc rebranded with DSP chips that JM encode, honestly I've always said your better off buying the Arc amps you can buy a much better arc for the same money, I fact the 600.4 is a pretty good amp, but personally I prefer the performance of hypex chips with their ultra high efficiency small size ratio thus Biketronics is the choice for me.

MBrown

Looking forward to seeing the test results AAWAV. Thanks.