April 27, 2024, 09:43:25 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

welcome AAWAV

Started by tdgriff, January 23, 2015, 08:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdgriff

Thank you for all your help in the audio world.The amp testing is very helpful.

Gannicus

No Doubt!!  Great asset to the forum!

UltraNutZ

Amen!   :up:

I think what makes this "collective clan" such a great thing is simply the fact that everyone has something to contribute in a manner that is consistent with HELPING and whether experienced or not, there is always something to learn from everyone.  Happy to have all you guys over here.

This forum is no different than any other forum whereas the Admins have a section we communicate in that is off limits to the rest.  In that section a comment was made by another Admin here that I'd like to share with you guys. 

"Todd,I must say that these new guys (from the other forum) have brought good attitudes with them. I've PM'd a few and their replies were well versed, factual and polite.  Refreshing.  I guess HTTs lack of 'in your face' advertising, popups and real estate consuming graphics are a pleasant change to what they have come from."

:hug:
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

dirtracin23

January 25, 2015, 08:08:48 AM #3 Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:11:00 AM by dirtracin23
Thank you and I agree. It is nice to have a place where one can go to seek out useful unbiased information without constant sponsor intrusion. We have all witnessed firsthand what can happen to a forum when they lose sight of their original mission and get tunnel vision chasing the almighty sponsorship dollar. What happened across the hall now seems to be happening in the very same situation over at the RGF. I would like to say to everyone that if we intend to keep a place where we can go and talk and speak our minds to reasonable extent without the heavy hand of sponsors and administrators, everyone needs to contribute whatever amount, however little it may be, to the maintenance and upkeep of this forum so that it can stay that way.
A cold beer, a hot woman, and a fast Harley
What else could a man possibly need?

tdgriff

tdgriff

January 25, 2015, 01:44:21 PM #5 Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:51:35 PM by tdgriff
I am going to take it most people do not know who he is . I know most of us are new to the audio forum but this man take's a lot of time to help us out. Let's give the man a welcome. I bet most of you asking for help a lot of it will come from him or Nutz or Gannicus. We all left the old place . All 3 of the guys I just listed are the best of the best.

Bagger Vance

January 25, 2015, 05:08:46 PM #6 Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:34:32 PM by Bagger Vance
AAWAV is good people for sure.  I did a drive by on the other site audio section and saw a "Farewell" thread from AAWAV but it is inaccessible as well as one from you, dirtracin23.  I'd love to know what was said in them both.  And the beat goes on......
2009 Street Glide - "Vance"
103ci stage 3 with lots of goodies

tdgriff

Quote from: Bagger Vance on January 25, 2015, 05:08:46 PM
AAWAW is good people for sure.  I did a drive by on the other site audio section and saw a "Farewell" thread from AAWAV but it is inaccessible as well as one from you, dirtracin23.  I'd love to know what was said in them both.  And the beat goes on......
let's just say some people don't like the truth .

Bagger Vance

Quote from: tdgriff on January 25, 2015, 05:32:26 PM
Quote from: Bagger Vance on January 25, 2015, 05:08:46 PM
AAWAW is good people for sure.  I did a drive by on the other site audio section and saw a "Farewell" thread from AAWAV but it is inaccessible as well as one from you, dirtracin23.  I'd love to know what was said in them both.  And the beat goes on......
let's just say some people don't like the truth .

Oh, I know.  That's why I want to read them  :potstir:  :bike:

AAWAV

Thank guys. Feels good to be surrounded by honest, great guys. We left the bad stuff behind and let's make this HD audio forum the best in the world... I tested the last 2 amps, BT2180 and RZ4 (again). Need to write up results and then will post all 6 at once so Nutz can spit on it and stick it LMAO.

Keep in mind Nutz is THE guy. Gannicus and myself are "just apprentices".

Bike is buttoned up again. Was going for a ride as it is 71 here. But got too late, so he's gotta wait...
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

Sprint07

Welcome to the jump across the street AAWAV.

I am no audio guru, but have a good background of what sounds good and what sounds great, my wife's a professional musician, and all the help from the Audio Section is awesome when trying to upgrade the sound system on both my bike's. 

I don't mind spending good money on top notch equipment, but I don't like spending those dollar's twice!!!!

Gannicus, AAWAV and NutZ have always stepped up to the plate and have given us unbiased opinions without dollars dictating their decisions.

I am waiting on the delivery of the BikeTronics system, lets hope these guys are right!

Thanks for all the help!!!!
2009 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
2014 Electra Glide Ultra

hdrolling

Looking forward to the sticky!
2010 FLHX 120R, Tman 662-2,Boarzilla, S&S lifters, AV&V springs,10.8:1

Gannicus

Quote from: AAWAV on January 25, 2015, 06:54:36 PM
Thank guys. Feels good to be surrounded by honest, great guys. We left the bad stuff behind and let's make this HD audio forum the best in the world... I tested the last 2 amps, BT2180 and RZ4 (again). Need to write up results and then will post all 6 at once so Nutz can spit on it and stick it LMAO.

Keep in mind Nutz is THE guy. Gannicus and myself are "just apprentices".

Bike is buttoned up again. Was going for a ride as it is 71 here. But got too late, so he's gotta wait...

Yes Sir - Nutz is the MAN and will always be the man in my book.  AAWAV and myself are just very good students!  We have been waiting to get our degrees. But Nutz doesn't think we are ready yet. . . LOL!!

scumBAGGER

does that mean John wont be sending in his amp???BWAHHAHAHAH   :scratch: :chop: :sheep:

spending more time here.....

AAWAV

Quote from: scumBAGGER on January 26, 2015, 07:08:16 AM
does that mean John wont be sending in his amp???BWAHHAHAHAH   :scratch: :chop: :sheep:

Correct - he had his chance and he did not grab it... in fact someone is complaining about J&M speakers sounding horrible... I just replied (I could not resist) to the OP he will get a much netter system for around 250 bucks (62.11i / RZ or SS) or go with the 300x2. as I am done with JMJ, I am not going to waste any time on him...
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

Bagger Vance

Quote from: AAWAV on January 26, 2015, 07:45:25 AM
Quote from: scumBAGGER on January 26, 2015, 07:08:16 AM

Correct - he had his chance and he did not grab it... in fact someone is complaining about J&M speakers sounding horrible... I just replied (I could not resist) to the OP he will get a much netter system for around 250 bucks (62.11i / RZ or SS) or go with the 300x2. as I am done with JMJ, I am not going to waste any time on him...

I'm in on that thread as well.  What you provided was right on and JMJ came back with his usual BS.  I stay on him because it's good entertainment.  Very much looking forward to the non-biased stuff in here and tons of great options for consumers.