April 27, 2024, 03:29:32 PM

News:

Question about my buddy's 2014

Started by zeke383, January 25, 2015, 03:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeke383

Just when I figure out what makes the 2013 and down bat wings thump, my buddy asked for my help on his 2014. In nutshell, what fits? I told him a pbr300x2 and a pair of infinity 62.11's would be the best dollar for dollar upgrade. Do the 62.11's fit in the rushmores? Does he need his radio re flashed? Any help is appreciated, these new bikes are quite different looking inside.
Btw he has the premium head unit whatever Harley calls it.

UltraNutZ

hey zeke..

yes both products mentioned fit perfectly.  As for the radio flash, yes as well.  8 speakers on and amp 1&2 turned off
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

FearNoEvil

Why doesn't Harley give people the option to configure this stuff themselves..   I guess another reason to charge you or if not get you into service so they can find something to charge you for or get you to buy something.. :\
FearNoEvil

UltraNutZ

Just keep in mind; their end goal is to make these things to where everything needed to be done to them needs to go back the dealer to be done just like some of these cars now-a-days.  My wife's new SUV I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole when it comes to maintenance.

dirtracin23

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 26, 2015, 09:43:42 AM
Just keep in mind; their end goal is to make these things to where everything needed to be done to them needs to go back the dealer to be done just like some of these cars now-a-days.  My wife's new SUV I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole when it comes to maintenance.

Hell they don't work on them either NutZ. They just hook a dianostic scanner up to it, start throwing parts at it, and when none of them fix it they tell you nothing was wrong with it.
A cold beer, a hot woman, and a fast Harley
What else could a man possibly need?

UltraNutZ

easy man.. don't make enemies here.. there are a few good HD mechanics floating around here that will put you in your place..    :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

dirtracin23

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 26, 2015, 10:15:51 AM
easy man.. don't make enemies here.. there are a few good HD mechanics floating around here that will put you in your place..    :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

:smileo:

I was talking about your wifeys SUV. 
A cold beer, a hot woman, and a fast Harley
What else could a man possibly need?

zeke383

Thanks for the input guys. Probably shoulda kept my pbr 300x2 for him..... :oops: